Chapter 47

Lunchtime

Jiah's POV

It was utterly hilarious to watch Ian get bombarded by girls who wanted to go to the dance with him. Absolutely delectable. When he finally reached our picnic table, he had been asked by 6 girls and was given 9 phone numbers, hastily written on napkins. He sat down between Jonah and Ted.

Sinead spoke up. "So Jonah is going to the dance with Emma- which is absolutely adorable" Emma blushed beside Jonah. Sinead carried on speaking. "Amy and Jake are going together, and I'm guessing Jiah's going with Hamilton."

I swallowed my sushi and pointed and Hamilton with my chopsticks. "That guy hasn't asked me yet." Sinead waved it off.

"Who am I supposed to go with??" She asked, exasperated.

"You could go with James." Amy said.

"Agreed." I replied

Sinead blushed.

"Who are you taking Ian?" I asked, keeping my expression deadpanned.

He threw me the bunch of napkins that the phone numbers were written on.

"Shut up" He said. I poked my tongue out at him as Hamilton, Jonah, Jake and The Starling boys chuckled.

"You can't say much Jiah" Jonah said, between his laughs. "Didn't like 12 guys ask you already?"

"And everyone of them are nursing a broken heart." Sinead said in a singsongy voice.

I saw Hamilton's knuckles go white as he clutched the table tightly. I pretended not to notice and hid a smile as I spoke to Ted and Ned.

"Who are you guys going with?" I asked.

Ted shrugged. "This girl I met in Computer science."

Ned shrugged. "This girl I met in Biology."

Sinead snorted. "I feel very bad for those girls. Who would want to go to the dance with you guys?"

Ned shot back at her. "Yeah? You can't say much"

"You don't even have a date." Ted said.

Amy cleared her throat. "Actually," she started. "She turned down 6 guys today."

"What!?!?!" Ned and Ted shouted.

Sinead flicked her hair so it hit both her brothers in the face.

"Didn't I tell you? I. Am. Fabulous."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Awwww Phoenix and Ella are going to the dance together." Natalie gushed at their lunch table.

Phoenix and Ella blushed.

Madison spoke. "I'm going with Zach."

"And I'm going with Josh." Said Reagan.

"Now that." Natalie pointed at the quartet with her spoon. "Is just adorable."

Dan groaned. "Pleeeeeeeease! Just save me!"

"Who are you going to the dance with Dan?" Natalie asked.

"I. have. No. Idea" He moaned.

"Awww, poor Danny boy doesn't have a date." Natalie mocked him with a grin. "How sad" The whole lunch table cracked up.

Atticus sat down next to Dan. "What's up?"

"The dance. That's whats up" Dan said. "You have a date man?"

"Oh yeah, I do." He said. Dan groaned again.

"Why does girls travel in packs? How am I supposed to ask a girl to the dance I she is never alone? "

"Easy Daniel." Natalie answered. "You go up to the girl and ask, 'Could I speak to you privately for a moment please?'" She said this with the heaviest British accent she could muster and the table again fell in laughter.

A boy came up behind Natalie and tapped on her shoulder.

"Could I speak to you privately for a moment please?" Eric asked.