Chapter 31-- Time to Move On

"What are you doing?" I shrieked, as I violently pulled away.

We were not having a moment, he kidnapped and brought me to a beach. Not romantic in the slightest. He can't just try and kiss me and say that he misses me-- it doesn't work like that buddy.

"Why did you just pull away?" He shouted at me.

"Don't tell me that you missed me then try to kiss me. I hate you!"

Ashton looked taken back at my comment-- I don't know what he doesn't understand. I think I made it pretty clear when I told him that I hated him.

"Ok you know what, this is ridiculous. I'm moving up to the front seat"

Ashton unlocked the car and as I got out, the thought of running again did cross my mind but as a gust of wind hit me straight on-- I decided against it.

Sliding into the front seat, I glanced over at Ashton to see if he's still watching me. Luckily, he wasn't, he was on his phone instead.

So he kidnapped me and now is too busy on his phone to even talk to me? Glad I didn't run.

"Why did you break up with me?" I blurted out, hoping to get him off the phone.

It worked. His eyes snapped away from his phone and looked at me. I could see the rage behind them and it made me regret asking the question.

"Ok, nevermind. Forget I asked" I mumbled, looking away.

"No, no-- you have the right to know" He sighed, running a hand through his hair, "I regret it. And, the only reason I did was because I was in a rough place and didn't want to hurt you... guess I did anyway"

"With your dad passing?"

He nodded, "that and my mom came back to visit and things got extreme. So, I turned back to drugs"

I rested my head against the window and watched as the waves washed up on shore. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he was on drugs.

"Breaking up with you was one of the hardest things I've ever done and I'm so sorry" He whispered, looking down at his lap.

Before I could realize what exactly I was doing, I leaned in and kissed him.

Ashton wasted no time in wrapping his arms around my back and pulled me closer to his body. I tangled my hands in his hair as we deepened the kiss.

As we were passionately kissing, I felt his hand slide underneath one of the cutouts of my dress and unclasp my bra. I froze mid-kiss and pulled away.

Woah, what the hell is happening? This isn't what I signed up for-- what happened to us just talking?

"What's wrong?" He asked, eyeing my lips.

"What are we doing? This isn't supposed to happen"

He leaned back in his seat and did that alluring smile which makes me melt every time. Especially as he ruffled up his hair. Damn him.

"You don't like this?"

"No!" I shouted, "I mean... yes! But that's not the point"

"So you want me to stop?"

"Yes! I mean.... no? Oh I don't know!" I sighed in defeat.

Ashton scrunched his eyebrows together as he stared at me. One part of me really enjoyed the kissing but the other part was mad that I caved into his good looks and charm.

You know what... I'm only in town for another month then I'll never see him again. And, I'm already hurt by him-- so it's not like he can re-hurt me, right? I might as well just get it out of my system while I still can.