Chapter 11-- I Don't Like You

When Monday came around, my mom had her meeting with the school board about Ashton. I spent the entire day staring at my phone, waiting for her to update me.

It wasn't until dinner time when she finally told me that his suspension was lifted.

The next morning we had Health class first and I was over the moon excited to see him. Not only did I want to thank him for everything with Cory but also ask him if he actually had feelings towards me.

Except he never showed.

And he didn't show up for the rest of the week either.

So much for not being suspended. Good thing I had Penny too since Mr Vanderhough was doing check ups this week.

"Amy!" I shouted through the crowded hallway.

Her and Mark stopped walking and turned to look for me. I nudged past people as I made my way towards them--eagerly determined for answers.

"Hey Maggie... how are you?" Mark asked as I reached them.

"Fine" I replied, barely casting him a glance, "listen I need to ask you guys some questions about Ashton"'

"I don't know anything about him" Amy added in.

"Mark you must" I groaned, "like why did he get suspended from his other school?"

Mark ran a hand through his hair as he sighed, "all I know is drugs had a big part in it. I also heard he spent some time in juvie too... but I'm really the wrong person to be asking"

"Thanks anyways..."

Amy wrapped her skinny pale arm around my shoulder and leaned her head on me, "why all the questions slum dog?"

Shrugging, "I don't know" I confessed, "I feel like I don't know hardly anything about him"

"And why would you want to know stuff about him? You guys are pretty opposite people..."

"Opposites attract" Amy chimed in

I ignored both of them and walked away. They were perfect for each other--both annoying.

I walked into the bathroom and stared at my self in the mirror. I looked awful and it doesn't help that I feel just as bad as I look.

"There you are!" Amy said, clearly out of breath, as she walked into the bathroom, "I went after you but didn't know where you actually went"

"I'm right here..."

"Listen I'm sorry if Mark comes off rude or whatever, he's really not like that...."

"It's ok, I'm just fed up with not getting the answers I need"

She patted my shoulders as I continued on staring at myself in the mirror.

"How about I pick you up tonight and we'll go to mcdonalds?" She asked, trying to cheer me up.

"I'd like that"

"Good so I'll pick you up at 7, make sure you're hungry!"

"I'm always down for a Big Mac you know that"