Chapter 10-- Bad Influences

I slung on my backpack as I grabbed my binder for math class. Last night Amy had made me promise to at least talk to Ashton today and ask him what he meant about liking me.

It was nearly 8:20 and I've done more loser laps then I'd like to admit, especially since I spent the entire time searching for Ashton.

His familiar hair and hat were no where to be seen. He's probably still in bed since it's early and he usually does show up late to class everyday.

"Hey what happened to you on our date?" Cory's familiar voice asked from behind me.

Closing my locker, I turned around and came face to face with Cory. I nervously gulped as I stared at him, waiting for him to say something. Since the date I've been dreading this conversation because how can I tell Cory Reynolds that he was acting rude? Most girls in this school would die to have the opportunity I had--and I what? Threw it away because of morals and self-respect?

"You were ignoring me and checking out another girl... so I left"

Cory leaned against my locker with a soft smile playing on his lips, "I'm a guy what do you expect?"

"To be a gentlemen and respect your date"

"Well sorry for not being a 'gentlemen' but I was respecting you--I picked you up, opened your door and even made conversation"

"When your weren't on your phone, you were checking out the bloody waitress"

"That's what guys do!" He hissed, "Jesus I don't know what Ashton sees in you... you're fucking crazy"

"And you're a self centred prick!" I shot back

"Babe"

"Don't 'babe' me"

"Let's just give it another go ok?" He whispered as he ran his fingers up and down my arm, shooting shivers throughout my body, "I promise I'll be a gentlemen this time"

I shouldn't even be considering this right now but looking into his kind eyes, I can't help myself into thinking that another date won't cause any harm.

"Don't touch me" I warned

"But baby--"

I opened my mouth to say something but someone clearing their throat behind us caught both mine and Cory's attention.

"Didn't you already get stood up Cory? Why bother wasting your time again?" The person said.

I turned around first and froze at the sight of Ashton. He had a smug look on his face as he stared right back at me.

What was he doing?

"Stay out of this Flederick" Cory spat out.

"Hmm... as tempting as that sounds I'll pass until you learn how to treat a fucking lady"

Cory spat out a cruel laugh, "coming from you? That's rich"

"I don't date and if I did, well I wouldn't be on my phone texting other girls for a booty call nor would I check out the waitresses"