Chapter 4--Monday's Aren't The Same

Ashton made my blood boil, especially after he asked if I had lost our baby. Of course, I didn't! I'm a responsible human being and I'm pretty sure I can handle a child without losing it. 

Until it clued in on me that I didn't have our baby and neither did Ashton, that yes, we did lose our child. When I realized this and ran back to Mr. V's classroom, he shot me a pointed glare as I picked up the baby carrier with our child inside. 

"I heard you had a baby, when were you planning on telling me?" My dad suddenly asked, appearing in my doorway. 

I took my eyes off of my biology homework and looked over at him as he strolled into my room and took a seat down on my bed. 

His cheesy comment made me laugh, "you're so funny, because yes, I totally had a baby"

He shot me a smile as he patted my knee, "Will called today and told me about the project he was starting. He said that you probably aren't too happy with your partner. Want to tell me about it?"

I shook my head and slammed my textbook shut, "I don't wanna talk about it, there's nothing I can do about it. So, there's no point in complaining"

"Ok, I understand" He replied, "so.... when can I meet my new grandchild?"

Sighing, I got off my bed and marched over to the closet. I pulled open the sliding door and grabbed the baby carrier off the ground. All afternoon, she's actually been pretty quiet. It's nice since I donr know the first thing about child care and crying. I guess that's the whole purpose of this course. 

"It's a good thing that's not a real child and Will isn't here either, otherwise he'd fail you if he saw"

"It's a doll so I can do whatever I want and yeah, it's a good thing he isn't"

"So, why did you shove him into the closet?"

"She" I corrected, "and because her eyes creep me out. It's like they follow you"

 As my dad removed my baby from the carrier, I caught a wuff of a bad smell coming from the baby. I plugged my nose as my father inspected the child before having to plug his nose himself. 

"Looks like you have a diaper to change"

"Do you want to do it?" I asked, hopeful he'd say yes.

"Nope"

He shot me a smug smile as he stood up and passed me the baby. I cringed as the smell started to get worse with every second passing. 

"How do I change a diaper?" I shouted after my dad as he left my room.

My dad turned around and shrugged, "maybe you should've thought about that before having a baby" he laughed as he continued to walk out of my room.

****

"You're so lucky to have Ashton as your partner, like you don't even understand" Amy groaned as she shoved her mouth full of fries. 

I looked over at her and rolled my eyes, "how am I so lucky? Please enlighten me"

She shrugged, "he's so hot. Not even you can deny it"

For the past hour and a half, we've been watching a movie. Or at least I have, Amy's been talking the entire time and it's been driving me crazy. It doesn't help that she's the world's loudest chewer, so maybe getting mcdonalds wasn't the best idea. 

"Just admit it!" She whined, "you're probably thinking it but just too scared to actually say it out loud. Say it so everyone in the back can hear-- isn't that what people say these days?"