Chapter 15-- Pop Tart Confession

Finally around 7:30 both my parents and Mr Vanderhough came home. I was beyond excited to see them all walk through that door just because that meant I didn't have to be around Lindsey and Ashton anymore... not that we even hung out in the first place.

I remained on the couch as my dad and Mr V went to go look at the new surround sound downstairs.

My mom and Ben took a seat on the couches opposite to me and played with a toy truck while I continued to watch the crappiest movie ever made. Maybe I was just in a bad mood and that's why the movies coming off so badly.

"Louise we need to get one of those!" My dad shouted as they walked into the living room.

"That's never going to happen"

I cracked open my water and slowly took a sip as Hazel was finding out that Augustus just died. I know I should be crying just like any teenage girl would've but I'm just too mad to even feel any emotions.

As the credits started rolling, Ben thought it would be a good idea to take off his shirt and run around the living room while screaming one of his nursery rhymes. My mom was too busy typing on her phone to even notice or care.

"Where's Lindsey?" Mr. V asked me

"Upstairs"

"Lindsey!" He shouted

A few seconds later, the door upstairs opened and then closed and two sets of footsteps came down the stairs. I turned around just in time to see Mr. V's shocked expression as he noticed Ashton behind his daughter.

"What were you two doing up there?" He asked

"Homework"

I wanted to belt out a laugh at that fake lie. Mr V couldn't seriously believe that. What two teenagers-- a boy and a girl-- would be upstairs in a bedroom doing homework? Especially on a Friday night.

"Why didn't you include Maggie? I'm sure she's in some of your classes. And, you know my rule about boys being over-- the door stays open"

I rolled my eyes as Lindsey mustered up a big fake sad soppy smile, "I'm sorry daddy, it won't happen again"

Isn't it weird for Mr. V to see Ashton here? I'm pretty sure he already doesn't like him so having him date his daughter? That would suck.

As Mr. V walked off to go find my dad and Ashton and Lindsey went into the kitchen, I turned back to my mom and watched as she struggled to put on Ben's shirt.

"Why are you so difficult?" She huffed.

This lasted for a solid 10 minutes until he finally calmed down and allowed her to place it over top of his head.

I started scrolling through the different movies on Netflix just as I heard Ben's voice from the other room.

"Do you wanna play a game with me?" He asked whoever was in the kitchen.

"He's busy. Go ask your sister" Lindsey's bitchy voice rang out.

"What do you wanna play?" I heard Ashton ask.

I bolted off the couch and into the kitchen just as Ashton and Ben started to play with his dump trucks. Lindsey was huffing and puffing in the corner as she typed on her phone. I couldn't help but smile as I watched them play on the ground. Especially Ashton because he looked so cute as he made truck noises.