Chapter 22-- What Are We Again?

"Honey, are you awake?" My Mom asked followed by a knock on the door.

My eyes snapped open and my head shot up off my pillow. I felt incredibly groggy and my head was pounding as I sat up.

"Uh yeah, I am" I mumbled as I rubbed my forehead.

She opened my bedroom door and peered in, when she noticed that I was semi-up, she walked in and took a seat at the end of my bed.

"Are you feeling ok? You've been asleep since 5:30 last night"

"Yeah I'm feeling alright, I guess I was just really tired"

She rubbed my arm as her eyes wandered around my dark lit room. I glanced over at my clock and realized that it was 7 in the morning, I've been asleep for more than 14 hours, how is that even humanly possible?

"I just wanted to come and check on you, we're planning on going to the aquarium if you wanted to come"

Sighing, I rubbed my forehead and considered it for a brief second until remembering that Ashton and I had plans today. I'm not giving up my plans with Ashton for anything.

"I would, but I think Amy and I have plans for later today. She needs to look for her prom dress"

"Oh, ok," My Mom said, looking kind of sad, "I understand, just please over this break make time for your family."

"Mom" I gasped, "of course I will, you know how much I was looking forward to them all coming."

I do feel bad for lying to my mom like this especially since Ashton was coming over here, but would she have really let me have him over knowing that hardly anyone was going to be home? I doubt it.

"I'll leave you to go about your business then, most of the family is leaving in about 20"

"Ok, have fun. Love you"

I grabbed my phone as she left my bedroom and turned it on. I guess last night once I collapsed into bed, I forgot to charge it.

It surprised me how many messages I had received in those 14 hours. Ashton's name appeared several times along with Amy and,

...Cory?

What the hell? Why in the world would Cory Reynolds be messaging me out of everyone? Ignoring everyone else, I quickly opened his text message and read it.

He got my number from Amy and was asking how I was. This has got to be some kind of sick joke, there's no way that he'd be messaging me out of the blue and asking how I am.

Just because we went on two dates and talked briefly at the party doesn't even come close to qualifying us as friends.

I hesitated as my fingers hovered over the keyboard. Should I even bother replying to something like this? Obviously, it's just a joke, therefore, I shouldn't respond and set myself up to be humiliated.

Instead of responding, I switched over to Ashton and Amy's messages and read through them. Ashton was coming over soon because he had a family thing later tonight.

He sent that an hour ago, which meant he was probably going to be here any minute.

Flinging off my blanket, I rushed into the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. I looked awful. No wonder my mom asked if I was feeling ok, I would've asked the exact same question if I saw my appearance.