Chapter 13--Relationship Thingy

My mind was racing with questions. The first one, why the hell would Cory kiss me? And the second, why the hell did I go on a second date with him in the first place? Because some how the first date wasn't disaster enough.

After it took me an hour and a half to walk home because of course he had to pick the furtherest restaurant possible, I crawled into my bed and cried my eyes out.

I fell asleep around 3 am and didn't wake up until 7. My head pounded, my throat was groggy and my eyes were swollen. I looked and felt like death.

"How was the date?" My Mom asked as we sat at the kitchen table, eating breakfast.

"It was fine" I lied, through gritted teeth.

"What time did you get in around?"

"Uh... I think 9:30? I don't remember"

My mom sighed as she leaned back in her chair, taking a sip of coffee, "Cory is a great young man"

"Yeah... something like that" I muttered under my breath.

"Let's get going shall we? I have an important assembly I want to prepare for"

I was dreading seeing Cory again. Why did I have to let my emotions come in and have a play on things? And it's all because of stupid Ashton.

As soon as we arrived at school, the bell rang. I hurried off to my locker to grab my books for health class.

While speed walking to Health, I caught sight of Mark and Amy's hair. I forgot to call her yesterday to ask how her date went! I feel like the worst friend in history--I've been so caught up with my own drama that I've completely forgotten about hers.

I walked into the class and shot her an apologetic smile as I took my usual seat up in the front. People seemed a lot more alive and active this morning in the classroom-- which was odd because usually everyone hated this class and made a point of showing it.

"Mr. Flederick, I know your desk partner isn't Mr. Hemmy. So please kindly go back to spot beside Ms. Martin" Mr Vanderhough ordered, the minute he stepped into the room.

I didn't even realize Ashton was here already.

"Who?" Ashton shot back.

I turned around and watched him as he cockily stared back at Mr V. Brett Hemmy, who was sitting beside him, whispered something into Ashton's ear, making him laugh. I kept watching them until slowly Ashton's eyes shifted over onto mine. I quickly broke eye contact with him and swivelled back to face the front of the class.

"Ashton go" Mr V shouted.

Seconds later, the seat beside me loudly scrapped back and almost immediately an uncomfortable silence filled the room.

It was killing me that we weren't speaking to each other. If he likes someone else-- then so be it-- we could at least still be friends and have normal conversations.

As Mr. Vanderhough sat down at his computer and started taking attendance, I slid out my phone and quickly texted my mom.

"So... your mom's the principal hey? That's pretty sweet" Ashton commented to me.