Chapter 20-- Whiskey Tales

A million thoughts were running through my mind but as I kissed Ashton, they all seemed to disappear.

As much as I don't want to admit this- I've been wanting this kiss to happen for a long time.

And now, after he's confessed his feelings for me- it's the perfect time.

He loosened his grip on my shoulders but still held me close to his chest as he deepened the kiss. I was a complete amateur at kissing, so I did the only thing I could remember from watching so many romcoms and that was to wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him the hell back.

The kiss went on for another few more minutes until we both pulled apart-- out of breath.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that for" He confessed, leaning his forehead against mine.

He pulled away and smiled at me. I couldn't help but giggle as I just stared at him. To think I was terrified of him the first time we meet and now? He just told me that he liked me.

"You're so weird" I giggled as he brushed a piece of my hair out of my face.

Just as he was about to say something, Amy came staggering out of the woods. She was clutching an empty vodka bottle and looking completely plastered.

"Maggie!" She shouted

I really wasn't in the mood to talk to her. She left me all by myself out here and she's the one that made me come in the first place.

"Maggie Martin, where the hell are you?"

Her head scanned the crowd and her eyes landed on me. I nervously gulped as she marched her way over to us.

"Oh.. hey, Amy" I mumbled.

"I wanna leave now" She stated, "so please call whoever and get them to pick us up"

I ran a hand through my hair while sighing, "I don't know if that's a good idea"

"And why not?"

"They've probably all been drinking"

"Just call them" She said, clearly annoyed.

I glanced over to Ashton as he stood there in silence, watching us. I turned back to Amy and pulled out my phone.

"There's no service" I told her, flashing my screen at her.

"Fucking great"

When we had gotten here earlier, we never actually made a plan to be picked up. We were just so desperate to get out of the minivan with Julie and her husband- that it totally slipped our minds and now we have no way of getting home.

"I can drive you" Ashton suggested while fishing out his keys from his pocket.

"No!" I shot back, "you drank an entire bottle of whiskey to yourself, so no"

He shrugged, "it's not that bad"

"Still, no"

I took a seat on a different stump and thought of my options on how to get home. Being at this party didn't interest me anymore, all I wanted was my nice warm bed.