Chapter 16-- Bad Decisions

As I stared at myself in the mirror all I could think about was how much I hated Amy.

I told her the day she told me about the party that I wasn't going to go. Well then I said I would, but that was only to shut her up! I didn't actually mean it. 

For 9 hours straight I've been trying to come up with some excuse to get out of going tonight. And, I'll admit I've come up with the lamest one possible--having a fever.

It was simple yet idiot proof. Amy will definitely believe it.

I flopped down onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling. My phone started to ring beside me, groaning-- I picked up without bothering to read the caller I.D.

"Hello?" I asked

"Where the hell are you? You're supposed to meet me outside" Amy barked

"Yeah sorry I forgot to text you... I have a really bad fever right now and it wouldn't be a good idea to go..."

"Bull shit! You never get sick! You get your lazy ass out here because I'm trying to be a good friend and get you to have that senior year experience"

"Did I say fever? Oh, I meant cramps.."

"Another bullshit move because I know you and I PMS on the same day" 

I'm not even going to ask why she knows this, that's just creepy on so many levels. And disgusting.

Giving up, since I know there's no hope in fighting with Amy, I got off my bed and opened my closet.

"Give me 5 minutes" I groaned before hanging up.

I quickly threw on a change of clothes and re-brushed my teeth. This is such a bad idea, nothing good ever comes from going to high school parties.

My parents were watching a movie in the living room when I walked in. My mom glanced up at me but didn't say anything.

"I'm going out.... to a party" I announced.

"Have fun" My Mom replied, not taking her eyes off the tv.

I know they were cool about parties and everything but I at least excepted some kind of lecture about behaving and not drinking too much.

Instead, I got nothing.

Amy's music was blasting as I reached her car. As I got in, I glanced into the back and noticed all the booze scattered over the back seats. Shaking my head, I turned back to the front and watched the street as we entered a forest.

We pulled up to the middle of nowhere and parked beside rows of other cars. In between the trees in the distance, I could see a fire blazing and teenagers roaming around.

"Why the heck are we in the middle of a forest? There's not even cell service... do you know how dangerous that is?" I complained.

Amy rolled her eyes, "stop being a downer and let's go"

We got out of the car and walked towards the woods. All I could smell was alcohol and weed, both substances which are illegal since we're all underage.