Chapter 7-- The Return of Aunt Midge

Penny was screaming at the top of her lungs and woke me up and pretty much the entire house up too. I furiously rubbed my eyes as I climbed out of bed and marched into the living room where I left Penny last night.

Through the dark I could see my mom's silhouette cradling Penny as she continued on crying. Judging by the look on my mom's face I'd say that she wasn't in the best mood.

"You need to get up quicker" She hissed at me.

I grabbed Penny out of her arms and rocked her back to sleep. We both let out a sigh of relief as Penny started to make snoring sounds. I should become a baby whisperer-- like Caesar the dog one but a baby version.

My mom kissed me goodnight as I placed Penny into her rocker. Slowly, I crept back into bed and nestled under the covers as Angela stirred beside me. She can sleep through anything. This one time when I was really little, my brother Devon had a graduation party in the basement right beside Angela's room and she slept right through it. I wish I was like that, instead the slightest bit of sound-- I'm awake and usually freaked out.

I'm just so happy that Angela let me stay in her room with her instead of kicking me onto the air mattress or lumpy basement couches.

In the morning, the sun shined through the curtains and blinded me as I tried to find my glasses. I was exhausted and my head was hurting from all the crying and now the sun beaming into my eyes.

I glanced over at the clock as I adjusted my glasses. It was only 7 freaking am, what the Sam heck am I doing up so early?

It's like Ashton had ruffed up Penny before he dropped her off with me because in the 2 weeks I've had her, she's never cried that much before.

Pushing off the covers, I slipped on my housecoat and walked into the kitchen for some breakfast. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Charles sitting at the island eating cereal. My favourite kind of cereal too.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, coming off incredibly rude.

He glanced over his shoulder at me, "eating, what does it look like?"

"When did you get here?"

"Around 3 am? Maybe 4?"

"How did you get here?"

"By train and plane. Why are you asking so many questions?"

"I was curious and just surprised to see you actually here"

Charles waved me off as I grabbed my cereal and the milk. Wow I'm sure glad he's home. I sat down at the island opposite of him and slowly ate my food as I played on my phone.

My mom wandered into the kitchen as I finished my cereal. As she gave Charles a bear hug he crumbled through the entire thing, making me roll my eyes. He's so unappreciated towards the people who care about him the most.

"Maggie go get Angela up, we need to start cleaning this house. Guests are coming around 3 and I need everything spotless." My mom ordered.

Letting out a groan, I got off my seat and walked through the hall towards Angela's room. Luckily, she was up when I walked into her room, the last time I had to wake her up-- she punched me in the arm.