Dinner

Scorpius's POV

Rose came downstairs at the perfect timing. "Hello Rose." my dad said. "Have a seat."

She took a chair at the right side of the middle section of the table. Sinestra made Swiss steak, one of my favourites. Rose started eating, and I started feeling like a bowl in a china shop. She had such perfect manners! 

"So, Rose,  I want to know a bit more about you." my dad cringed and Rose noticed, I think.

"What do you want to know?" she asked, blushing. 

"Um..." I froze. I hadn't planned this out!!!! So much for conversation starting...

"So, Rose, are you working on any stories, Rose?" SAVED!!!!

"yes." Rose responded. 

"I'm not meaning to pry, but what are they about?"

Rose didn't say anything for a few moments before she verbalized. "I write about dystopian societies and worlds."

I LOVE DYSTOPIAN STUFF!

My dad nodded. "Have you ever read the Hunger Games?"

"Yes, they're some of my favourite books." MINE TOO!

I stared at her dreamily, perhaps too dreamily because soon my dad was frantically gesturing for me to snap out of it. 

I blushed and Rose's cheeks turned a soft red colour. 

We ate the rest of the meal in hurried silence and Sinestra took care of our dishes. 

"Thank you Mr Malfoy, I'm going to get some sleep." Rose said. She walked away with a kind of grace I only ever saw in my mother. After she was out of earshot, my dad turned to me. 

"Your lesson is going to be at 9:00 sharp tomorrow. Do not miss it, you need those lessons ASAP." 

I blushed again and stood up. He came over to me and hugged me before saying, "I love you Scorpius. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I mumbled in reply. Walking up to my room, I heard... singing? I followed the sound to Rose's bedroom. 

Roses are red dilly dilly violets are blue
If you love me dilly dilly I will love you
Where the birds sing dilly dilly and the lambs play
We will be safe dilly dilly out of harm's way. 

Rose had a gorgeous voice, I stayed just listening for a little while before Sinestra came out. "Mister Scorpius?" she asked. 

"What is it Sinestra?" I was slightly terrified of what she had to say. 

"That was the most awkward meal I ever listened to. Take your father seriously."

I nodded and went to bed. 

Lying there, I thought of what this Christmas was going to be like, with Rose here. My mum brightened Christmas up a lot, I wondered if Rose was the same. 

I hoped she was, actually.