Something

Scorpius's POV

I thought that Rose's voice was beautiful, just like everything else about her. "There may be something there that wasn't there before." Rose sang, looking into my eyes. Wait... does this mean...?!

She smiled and laughed. "Well, do you want to go into the dining room? Sinestra has probably cooked something already."

I nodded. "Yeah, let's go." 

We took our places at the table. "Master Scorpius?" Sinestra squeaked. "Yes Sinestra?" I responded. 

"Your father will be home later tonight, so you may start eating." I nodded. "Thank you Sinestra."

She started serving the paella, one of my favourite dishes. Rose looked at it and ate some. "Wow, this is really good!" She said after swallowing. "it's one of my favourites." I said. 

"Well then you have good taste." I took one bite and realized just how hungry I was. 

We were already done eating when my dad came home. "Hi guys!" he walked to the table. "Sinestra made paella, didn't she?"

I nodded. "And it's delicious."

He took his regular spot. "So, how was your day?"

"Good." Rose responded. 

"What did you guys do?" he asked. 

"Well... We made dark chocolate blueberry cupcakes and read for a bit and we did some duets." I said. 

"It sounds like you had a productive day." 

"How was your day?" Rose asked. 

"Well, it was busy. I had a girl who broke her arm in three places because of a quidditch accident, a boy who ate some gillyweed, this guy went into coma because he hit his head too hard as he fell down the stairs... like I said, busy." 

I really want to be a healer. And to get married. And to kiss Rose. 

"Earth to Scorpius Hyperion..." Rose laughed, and I blushed. 

"Well, I'm going to go to bed, thank you!" Rose went to bed, looking happier than I had seen her in days. 

My dad turned and looked at me. "It worked!!! I am so happy!"

I laughed. "Yeah, I'm still an awkward mess." 

"But Rose was the happiest I have ever seen her! Keep it up!!!!!"

"Master Draco? Master Scorpius?" Sinestra climbed up on a chair. "Great job! Miss Rose is very happy, and I think that she's growing feelings for you, Scorpius!"

There was something there that wasn't there before. 

And I wanted to keep it.