Cupcakes and Horcruxes

Rose's POV

I got out of bed the next morning to see a note taped to the headboard. I took it off and it said this:

Rose

I had to get up and go to work today, Scorpius is waiting for you in the kitchen. 

-Draco

I sighed and threw on a dress before coming downstairs to the kitchen. There, Scorpius was waiting wearing a pink apron and holding a recipe book. 

"Good morning Scorpius... What's going on?" I asked slowly. 

"Well... I was thinking we could make cupcakes!" Scorpius said. 

"Okay, where's an apron?" I looked around until I found another apron and slipped it on. "So, what kind of cupcakes are we making?"

"Well, chocolate cupcakes sound really good, and so do blueberry." He said, smiling. "But, I'll let you decide."

I thought for a moment before saying, "Dark chocolate blueberry."

He looked at me. "You like dark chocolate?"

I nodded. "I think it's better than milk chocolate. It's got such a deep, bitter flavor." 

He just stared at me. "I thought I was weird for that. I love dark chocolate!"

"So, it's settled? Dark chocolate blueberry?" I smiled at him. 

He nodded. "Dark chocolate blueberry it is."

We set to work on the batter, and as we were mixing Scorpius started talking to me. "So, Rose, do you like to cook?"

I nodded. "Yes, I love cooking. I started doing it when I was about twelve by helping my grandma Molly in the kitchen. Soon I got so good at it that my mum started putting me on meals and meal plans, and I helped in the Hogwarts kitchens with the house elves." 

"Wow, that's cool. I'm not much of a cook, but when I do it I think it's fun." I laughed. He started adding the blueberries to the batter and we mixed it. We put the batter in a muffin tin and left it to bake while we made dark chocolate frosting. 

Scorpius was mixing the frosting up, and he accidentally let go of the mixer, making chocolate frosting fly up onto his face. 

When I looked over, he looked like a swamp monster from Candyland. 

I burst out laughing and grabbed a napkin, trying to get the stickiness off his face. "Whoops." he mumbled. 

"No no no, it's fine, it's just that your hair is really sticky..." 

He laughed and I kept trying to clean his face off. 

When the cupcakes were done, we put the icing in bags and frosted them. After putting blueberries on top, we were done. 

Then we looked behind ourselves and realized just how much of a mess the kitchen was. 

"let's get this cleaned up." I sighed. 

We grabbed some mops and rags, and got to work. We had made a huge mess and it took an hour to finally get everything cleaned up. When we were done, we ate some cupcakes. 

They were heavenly. 

"So, what else do you want to do?" Scorpius asked. 

I thought for a moment before asking, "Do you have a library?"

Scorpius looked at the ground. "Yes... but..."

I looked at him. "What is it?" I asked softly.