You've got that one thing

Rose's POV

I woke up on Christmas eve feeling very sad. I missed my family, but more so wanted to tell Scorpius how I felt! I slipped out of bed and went down to breakfast. 

Sinestra had really outdone herself. There was eggs Benedict for breakfast, with a side of Christmas oranges and some roasted asparagus. 

"Good morning Rose." Mr Malfoy said with a smile. "Hi Rose." Scorpius said. I felt my cheeks get hot and I tried to hide it. 

After breakfast, Scorpius and I went to the piano to do some Christmas duets. We spent a few hours on that piano, and then we spent a few hours talking and laughing in the library. 

Then it was lunch. We had chicken fried steak, and it took me everything not to wolf it down. 

After lunch, Scorpius and I played hide and seek in the manor. It was huge, so that made the game really fun. 

Then dinnertime arrived. Dinner was smoked ham and roasted potatoes. 

After dinner though, Mr Malfoy led us into the front room, which had more Christmas decor than before. He waved his wand and 'one thing' by one direction came on. 

I've tried playing it cool, but when I'm looking at you, I can't ever be brave cause' you make my heart race. I looked into his steely grey eyes and my heart fluttered. 

Shot me out of the sky, you're my kryptonite! I could never keep my cool around him! 

You keep making me weak, yeah frozen and can't breathe. This song was so perfect it was creepy. 

Scorpius's POV

I've tried playing it cool, but when I'm looking at you, I can't ever be brave cause' you make my heart race. Rose looked at me and I felt my heartbeat quicken. 

Shot me out of the sky, you're my Kryptonite! I thought of how many times I had been so nervous around her that I messed up what I was saying and embarrassed myself. 

You keep making me weak, yeah frozen and can't breathe. My dad really knew how to pick a song. 

Something's gotta give now, cause' I'm dying just to make you see that I need you here with me now, cause' you've got that one thing. This song was too perfect. 

Rose's POV

Oh gosh... someone stop me... I'm about to do something really stupid... I thought as I took his hand. Just then a tiny sprig of mistletoe was levitated above our heads. 

Scorpius's POV

I saw Sinestra levitating a sprig of mistletoe that ended up just above our heads. We looked at each other and looked up. 

Rose's POV

I looked at the mistletoe. "Mister Malfoy, would you be so kind as to let me kiss you?" I asked in a posh voice. 

"Why certainly, Miss Granger Weasley."

Scorpius's POV

I closed my eyes and leaned in. 

Rose's POV

I couldn't believe this was happening! I closed my eyes and leaned in. 

Draco's POV

They were gonna do it.... They were gonna do it.... KISS ALREADY!!!!!!!!

Rose's POV

Our lips met and it was the most wonderful thing I had ever experienced. He wrapped his arms around me and my heart fluttered faster. 

Scorpius's POV

I didn't think it could get any better. She was kissing me. Like, actually kissing me. 

Draco's POV

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose's POV

We broke apart and I looked up at Scorpius, unsure of what to do or say. "Well.... Scorp... that was...."

He finished my sentence. "Amazing." 

I stumbled into the room, took a shower, and went to bed with my heart still fluttering and me still dizzy with excitement. 

Scorpius's POV

I just stood there in shock. My dad was beaming and Sinestra was looking at me, obviously expecting something. 

"So..." she asked, "How was it?" 

"Absolutely.... wonderfully amazingly fantastic!!!!!" I said, and my dad hugged me. 

"FINALLY!!!! I have been wanting you two to kiss for so long!!!" 

I went to bed that night lighthearted and hopeful. Maybe, one day, she will be my girlfriend. 

One day.