New Years

Scorpius's POV

Rose was my girlfriend, and it was the best thing ever. 

She loves me, and she is always striving to be kind to me. I'm also seeing that my dad is beginning to have a really good relationship with her, which was really nice. Rose had really warmed up to this, and her letters home were full of stories about playing hide and seek in the manor, watching movies, cooking, playing games.... 

Well, it was new years eve soon enough and we were sitting in the front room together, waiting for my dad to come home. 

He came in about fifteen minutes before midnight, and while we waited we started talking about what the new year would look like. 

"Well, I, for one, don't wanna get caught by this Delphi lady this year." Rose said, and both my dad and I nodded. 

"I want to become a prefect." I said. 

Draco smiled. "I want to be a better dad. Things happened this year." 

Rose and I nodded, agreeing with him. Just then the countdown started. 

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1!!!!!! Rose pressed her lips onto mine and my heart started fluttering like mad. No matter how many times she did it, it had the same effect on me. 

Just then Pepper flew in and landed on Rose's head. She hooted and dropped a letter into Rose's hand. 

"It's a letter from my parents." She said, and opened it. 

Dear Rosie

We are glad to hear that you are having fun at Malfoy manor. Hugo sends his love, and he doesn't know that you and Scorpius are dating yet. Rosie is it true?! Your mum was telling me that you were dating Scorpius. You can date whoever you want sweetheart But if he hurts you tell me immediately. We love you Rosie. 

Love, 

Mum and Dad 

Rose laughed and I hugged her. "I would never hurt you." 

She nodded. "I know." 

My dad had a smile on his face that was so wide it put the Cheshire cat's to shame.