Divorce ? - Chapter 19

Love isn't complicated

People are.

*****************

[ 1 week so on, after Shivaay's arrival from Mumbai to London ]

Advocate : Good morning. Mister and Missus Oberoi.

Advocate Lila smiled, as she held the door for them. Annika looked at him. It wasn't too late to change the mind about going back. She could move out now. Forget about the argument they had. She love him — or at least for how much she treasure him. Her thoughts were halted when Lila called out her name.

A : Ye..yea.

L : Do you and Mister Oberoi have shared expectations about the roles you play in the relationship? It's because, sometimes the problem may be as simple as not understanding how your partner wants you to behave.

A : There'a no such thing that I want him to do and he never want to.

Lila and Annika looked at Shivaay. But, he remained looking at his lap.

L : You may think that you have communicated, but your partner may not have really heard. Mister Oberoi, silence will not motivate. You filed this divorce, in first place. Please answer me. You have to be really clear that you've given it everything in terms of speaking truth to your wife. Did you ?

Shivaay stared at Annika. She gulped looking away. The sound of Lila's heavy sigh opposite her made her realise that she hadn't exhaled for several seconds. His stare was stinging like a thorn on skin.

L : Guys, please. You both are just married for three months. This prospect of divorce surfaces, only will push you both in stressful frames. I'm speaking with genuine concern. Annika and Shivaay, divorce is not a game. For some people, it's a fear of being alone for the rest of their life. Shivaay, you'll be alone. She's your family. Annika, definitely you wouldn't be happy without him. Please. Get a clear idea of what is most important in your life.

They know there's no obstacle they could not climb over, there's no issue they could not solve. Annika stood up. Her eyes carried unshed tears.

A : I don't want this. You hear me, Shivaay ? I don't want this!

She rushed out of the counselling room. Shivaay did silence.

L : It's hard to get people who wants to be with you. For a lifetime. Please talk with her.

Shivaay returned the smile and stood up to leave. He reached the parking area and saw her leaning over the closed door.

S : Why are you disapproving so much if you're not happy with me ? Why didn't you get yourself in your own way ?

A : You know why ? Because I bloody love you. Think whatever you want. I'm not ready for this divorce. Not now, never.

Annika unlocked the car and sat on the passenger seat. Shivaay sighed moving towards the driver seat. She didn't shared a single glance. He dropped her home, and felt dejected seeing her stalking inside without a turn back. He drove to a nearest bar.

O : Shivaay! What on earth you think you're doing ?!

S : Don't annoy me, Om. I gave a call to have a company. Don't tear my eardrum.

O : If Annika was here——

S : Do not take her name! Just do not!

Shivaay gritted his teeth, as the booze burnt his throat. Omkara stalked forward, and harshly pulled him back.

O : I just decided that there was more chance of me taking you of this if I stay with you. That's why I chose to come here. But, you took the ultimate decision to dissolve the marriage.

S : She's forcing me, Om.

O : Just shut up! Don't give me reasons like I was excited and randomly slapped the person next to me. If she's behaving odd, think what might the reason. You both are not stupid crazy kids rushing into this. Think like an adult, for goodness sake!

Shivaay blinked.

O : What the freak should I understand by the blink ?

S : I understand.

O : How many pegs you had ?

S : Just—[hiccup]—one.

O : I talked with Mister Bhatra. Where's your stupid phone ? He was trying to reach you since hours.

Shivaay searched inside pockets and blinked finding nothing. Omkara facepalmed.

O : He found a suitable location in Mumbai. Design is an ego-driven profession, Shivaay. You can't be careless. Make a call in sober state. And yes, you're going Mumbai with me, and Annika. We—

S : She——

O : I'm not buying anything! Not from you, not from her! I heard enough of nonsense in these two months!

**********

O : Annika, please. What's wrong with you two ?! Look at him, snoring like a boar.

A : He's drunk.

O : Oh, really! Thank you for the information. Be serious, Annika! This is going beneath the waves now. Divorce, like seriously ?! Don't make me hate you both as I never have.

A : Okay, I'm coming. Do not scream. You might disturb him.

O : Did you know, when I became your friend, and you became his girlfriend, I thought: I've never seen anyone more smart.

A : Why are you telling me this now ?

O : Because I've realised how wrong I was.

Annika frowned. Nevertheless, it pricked her that she really messed with her head. And their happy life.

O : Who impart this decision ? A moronic divorce in house ?

A : Him.

O : That explains how much you'd hurt him, Annika.

To be Continued....

Confusing, I know. Flashbacks are there, chill! (︶^︶)
_______________________________________
Gratitude, Love Comrade.