A Glass of Milk - Chapter 15

If I could only stay in his or her arms forever, safe from the world's harmful people

safe from the world's
harmful people.
One could only hope.
And, that is love.

**********************

A : Where has he gone ? What is he even doing, out there ?

Annika talked under her breath. Her husband dearest left her all alone in the decorated room. She knew there is a ground for his shyness which seems to be over than his usual casual base. She heard the slow door creaking noise, and looked upwards.

Annika took in his appearance in the refection of the perfect daily soap heroine, in a wedding track. He was in uncoloured kurta pyjama, sleeves rolled up until elbow joints. Hair left natural. She took in his muscles, the sculptured jaw with thick beard, and tuned into his look.

A : Where were you ? What are you holding ?

He smiled with nervousness, and made fluid lip movements to exaggerate his buoyant explanation.

S : I bought milk. For you.

Annika rolled her lower lip between her teeth to avoid laughing.

A : May I ask, where did you get this idea ?

S : It's..it's was an advice.

A : Sorry, what ?

S : It was a rotten advice from Omkara.

Shivaay told and eyed the decorated room with flowers and the bed with rose petals, lots and lots of fruits beside the bed. Even though, Annika wants to forbid the concept, Rudra was hell bent about pushing her on typical indian thingys. Annika walked closer to him.

A : What else he told you ?

S : He said I will scare you with my anxiousness, so to avoid getting caught with a shaky hand and feeling embarrassed about it, he hand me this advice. Moreover, Rudra said it was a ritual.

Annika peeked at the milk and his face. She suddenly doubled herself up and bursted into a loud harsh cackle of laughter. She stopped and looked at his face. Whoop! she went, and doubled herself up with laughter.

A : Do you have any idea how cute look, right now ?

S : I'm born cute, I know.

A : You're doing self boasting, hubby.

S : No. I'm supporting your compliment.

A : Listen——

S : First, drink this.

A : You're not any way leaving this. Are you ?

Shivaay smiled. She can poetically call that as an evil smile betrayed all his innocence. He's definitely up to something. Annika got the glass of milk from him.

A : Wipe that grin off your face. You're looking like a Cheshire Cat.

Annika took a little sip. Immediately, she glowered at him. Already, she's pondering over the 'why the hell milk' been advised by Omkara, additionally he bought Marigold chocolate milk. Shivaay pressed his lips together as he looked everywhere but her.

S : For me ?

A : You said that you brought for me.

S : Sharing is caring, love.

A : I don't believe. Let me savour for myself. Stay away.

Shivaay pressured his bottom lip out. She held his right wrist and directed to bed. She got the milk towards his mouth, and, there, his lips broke into a beautiful smile. He happily sipped the remaining, and licked the milk moustache with tongue.

S : Our room atmosphere exactly looks like an indian thingy were the room is decorated with flowers and the bed with rose petals, lots of fruits beside the bed. Except our dress. We were supposed to be traditional.

A : You privy about these stuffs ?

S : Om told me. He's quite knowledgeable about quirky things which I find, obviously, awkward.

A : Do you know what are we supposed to do tonight ? Now ?

Shivaay nodded looking down. Annika chinned him up. His eyes twinkled like baby dew on a green leaf in the cold morning.

A : You don't have to be nervous around me. Your comfort is my priority.

S : I don't want to hurt you.

A : In order to make a relationship last, we really have to flow with the person as they progress. We'll give the space to each other. There's no room for hurt. Don't bother yourself.

S : Love you.

A : Love you too. Plus, you see we didn't have sex-ed classes. Yes, I'd saw many pornographic films to understand how process been held. This whole set-up makes me awkward too.

S : When I was a kid, I used to think all the ritual, and the sacrificial fire was done to get a baby. Even Dadi pressed positive with my points. Later science lectures happened.

A : You're one ultimate creature, if you realise. I certainly can't imagine a life where I can't find you beside me.

S : Shivaay loves his Annika, more than he'd ever shown or expressed. If there's one thing in my life which I'm so certain about, then definitely it's my love for you.

Annika stared at him for some good second before hugging him. Shivaay wrapped her in a warm swaddle of his chest, and arms around her waist. It felt life. Real life.

S : Never suspect my love for you, love. Never.

There, the moment she heard his words, a sharp memory like a rap at the window, a stone tapping against the glass, came to her mind. She remembered him.

" I suspected my love. I was wrong, and you were right. I never believed your words. I followed my stupid own sets of actions. I'm sorry, Annika. Please forgive me. But, I always loved you. Always "

Annika arms clenched him tighter. A person, a memory which she desperately wants to erase off her memory. It was a pure pain. Annika decided to push off the cause of sting as for now. Yes, she decided to let this matter bury within her. Shivaay snuggled into her.

To be Continued....

______________________________________

Gratitude, Love Comrade.