Chapter Two

Alley

The top of the tank opened and I took off.

I sprinted out of the alley and switched out my gun for my buck hunting knife, my gun swinging onto my back by the strap.

Looking forward, I see Mr. Kentucky pop up through the top and whack the Walker on the tank with a metal shard, slicing its face wide open.

'Nice'

I reach the tank as he jumps down, landing weirdly and rolling to a stand, and we make a run for it.

He fires his pistol, taking out the walkers in our way as I push the ones to the side, burying my knife in the skulls of any that get too close.

Mr. Kentucky spares a glance at me before turning into the alley, spotting someone and raising his gun.

"Whoa! Not dead!" The guy - by his voice it was safe to assume this was the guy from the walkie - holds his hand up for a split second, before ushering us through the alley.

"Come on! Come on! Back here! Come on! Come on!"

We ran down the alley towards a ladder.

I got there first, so grabbed the rungs and began to climb as fast as I could.

"What are you doing?! Come on!"

I turned to see Mr. Kentucky turning and trying to shoot more walkers until he was grabbed and made to climb.

"Come on, get up!"

We all collectively climbed the ladder as quickly as we could, catching our breath on a walkway.

I hold onto the railing as I take in massive breaths, my heart feeling as if it were about to burst right out of my chest and down to the Walkers below.

I turn to look at the men, finding them doing the exact same.

The guy from the walkie-talkie was relatively tall, probably my height or more when stood straight. He had black hair and brown eyes, and looked Asian but I wasn't going to assume.

Not going to lie though, he looked like a Pokémon trainer with the cap and backpack.

Mr. Kentucky, however. He was sporting some sorta Sheriff cosplay, which actually looked good on him.

He was missing the hat though, which was a shame.

Brown hair and clear blue eyes, he seemed like the type of guy that was voted 'Best Looking' in high school.

That's what Americans do, right?

The guy from the alley was the first to break the silence.

"Nice moves there, Clint Eastwood. You the new sheriff come riding in to clean up the town?"

"It wasn't my intention." The Sheriff replies, leaning his forearms on the railing.

Pokémon trainer guy waves his hand at him and shakes his head.

"Yeah, whatever." He sighs, doing the same. "Yeehaw. You're still a dumbass."