Chapter 16

[A/N) I left my laptop at home so I'm writing this on my phone while I'm at my mum's. I'll go over and edit it later :) at the top is hopefully the sketch I did of Meg, if it isn't, I'll put whatever I have when I get to the next chapter up there]

The Vatos

Rick throws the duffel on the table and unzips the bag of guns. He starts to divide them based on range and accuracy.

I wasn't a fan of this idea, and nor were the boys beside me. We all stood there as Rick counted.

"Them guns are worth more than gold." Daryl drawled, leaning against a cabinet once more. "Gold won't protect your family or put food on the table. You're gonna give that up for a kid?"

"He's not just some kid!" I spin to the redneck in anger. "This is a member of our group were bartering the life of here! This isn't up for debate!"

I sat there seething as T-Dog jumped into the conversation before Daryl could retaliate. Just the thought of leaving a friend behind stirred a horrifically familiar feeling in my gut. I would not be the one to abandon someone this time.

"Question is," T-Dog spoke, "do you trust that man's word?"

"No, question is what are you willing to bet it on?" Daryl countered, gesturing to the guns as he spoke.

This whole plan was risky, not only are we risking our lives, but Glenn's life too, and that was not a move I was willing to take. I didn't listen to much else until Rick told us to go back to camp.

"And tell your family what?" T-Dog demanded, crossing his arms over his chest with a scowl.

"As if, Officer Friendly." I scoff as I turn back to the men. "Gotta make sure you don't get stuck in another tank."

The Sherrif turned to me and smiled, before explaining the plan once again.

---

(From here I'm going off the top of my head as to what happens in the episode, since I have no data/internet. I already wrote down the dialogue so that should be relatively on point, but I will be skipping a lot of it since theres a heavy amount of talking and silent scenes with the Atlanta group, and I don't want this to all be dialogue and no explination type shit. I'm really bad this aint I haha)

We stand in the warehouse of The Vatos, funny name, the dudes, a bit misogynistic though, in the same formation as outside - with T-Dog to my left this time instead of on the roof - same guns. But these weren't for trade. These guns were for a fight, one that I wish we could've avoided.

But wishing on stars - in this world - is for children and crazy people.

Guillermo steps forward from the group of men surrounding us, looking ready for a fight.

"I see my guns but they're not all in the bag."

"That's because they're not yours." Rick counters, tilting his head at G, "I thought I mentioned that."

"Let's just shoot these fools right now, ese. All right? Unload on their asses, ese." Felipe babbled, throwing his hands about wildly.