Chapter 12

The Plan

Shane stood as Daryl thrashed away from him, gulping large amounts of air into his lungs while the entire group - who I hadn't even noticed gathered around - watched on silently.

Rick knelt back down to Daryl, who wouldn't look him in the eye. "What we did was not on a whim."

"Your brother doesn't work and play well with others," I add, crossing my arms carefully since the knife was still in my hand, just in case. "Merle was out of control. He turned on us, he tried to kill T-dog. Hell, he was off his ass on cocaine."

T-dog jumps in, trying to take the full blame for the incident. He explains that he was the one who had the key, and how he dropped it. Down a drain.

Convenient.

Daryl stood to his full height after kneeling on the ground for a while, and I couldn't help but stare.

I'm not going to say that cliché line, you know, 'he towered over me' because he didn't. He was roughly 5'10, same as Rick. I stood tall at 5'8,  a whole 0'4 taller than the average woman in England, which sounds like bullshit, but I am - I was the tallest in my friend group of five, their heights ranging from 5'0 to 5'3. It was genuinely hilarious.

I miss them.

Anyway, he stood out, messy from head to toe, wild short hair, and that damn glare.

He was hot. I can't deny, it's a law.

This man, is so fine.

Daryl - once again - shoots me a glare, before storming off, growling in response to T-dog. "If it's supposed to make me feel better, it don't."

T-dog looked at Rick and I for a second before continuing.

What is it with these people and always looking at each other? Is this some American thing? Or is it an extrovert thing, cause I wouldn't know either way.

"Well, maybe this will. Look, I chained the door to the roof... So the geeks couldn't get at him... With a padlock." He shuffles his feet for a second, and I could tell that he was feeling guilty, that he didn't know what else to say.

"It's gotta count for something." I glance between the redneck and the guilt-ridden man, silently praying for no more violence.

Daryl looks at T-dog, then me, his brow furrowed and lips pursed. Overall, he looked like a sulking puppy. And then he got vicious again.

"Hell with all y'all!" He began pacing again, and I held my knife just a little bit tighter, moving in front of T-dog. "Just tell me where he is so that I can go get him!"

Lori looks to us from the RV, adding her own comment where it wasn't needed nor wanted.

"They'll show you, isn't that right?"

At this, Rick looks to me briefly - seriously, I hate all this eye contact - and turns to address the group.

"I'm going back." He announces.

"So am I." I nod to Rick with a sigh, and we both watch Lori storm into the RV.

What. A. Bitch.