Random timeline thing

THIS CAN BE SKIPPED!! THIS ISNT INTEGRAL TO THE STORY!

THIS IS LITERALLY ME MESSING AROUND WITH TIMELINES SO. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SHORTER CHAPTER.

Figuring out the timeline

this was done at 3am

S1

The wiki for TWD has a timeline for the show, in which it is said that Shane visited Rick on day 14 after the outbreak began, and that Rick woke up on day 59. This seems to be absolutely impossible, since Shane's visit coincided with the hospital's fall, and that would mean that Rick survived for 45 days without water; a difficult feat under any circumstances, but an impossibility in the heat of a summer in Georgia.

This is extremely puzzling, because when Rick wakes up, he clearly knows nothing about the outbreak. When he was shot, he and Shane were chatting quite normally, and there was absolutely no indication that people were being devoured by zombies elsewhere in the country. One might expect that first responders like Rick and Shane would have been informed of something as important as the outbreak. So is the reason for their apparent ignorance that Rick was shot before the outbreak began, or were they in the dark because they simply weren't told about it?

An additional tidbit of information can be gleaned from the promo for the new series Fear The Walking Dead, which is apparently set on the West Coast during the first days of the outbreak, though I haven't seen it yet. While we don't know anything with certainty, the description of the show seems to suggest that the outbreak began in the U.S., which only makes the issue of why Rick didn't know about the crisis that much more confusing.

Or was Rick in the hospital for 2 weeks before it was told to anyone?

Someone called Gale had taken care of Rick and a few others still in the hospital, and thats why he survived.

-------

apocolypse started in 2010

summer, aparently

Carl was in school at the time Rick was shot, so it was either May or June that the apocolypse began

Summer in america lasts from June to August

I'm gonna say it was around July time, sun still high in the sky, ect ect, the leaves on the trees are still green, so its not gone into autum/fall jsut yet. that starts round the end of s2, when they all dawn their coats n shit

ok, lets say rick is shot in april. 1 month and a few days, hospital patients are killed. Gale(?) takes care of rick for that time, rick wajes after  a month and 2 weeks, day 59. but that wouldnt work. a month and 2 weeks is 6 weeks. that would be around day 44. NOT day 59. April has 30 days, plus the 2 weeks, 44 days. so rick must have been in his coma for more than that. This is on the assumption that its april, thats just what im going for, late april. which would leave us somewhere around June.

Lets say, mid april. say, the 18th

59 days is [7 14 21 28][35 42 51 58] 59] 8 weeks and a day thats 2 months and a day.

april has 4 weeks and 2 days
may has 4 week and 3 days
june has 4 week and 2 days

april 18, to may 18th is 30 days