Chapter 15

[A/N

I think I'm gonna start skipping parts, cause 15 chapters in and we're barely into episode 4]

Not Part Of The Plan

We stood in the same alley that Glenn had pulled Rick and me into the day before, but today, time was on our side. No walker groups vying to bite a chunk out of us. Fingers crossed, the plan would go well.

So the plan was that Glenn would run into the street and grab the gun bag, and haul ass back to me and Daryl in the alley. But if he couldn't do that, he had the choice of back peddling two blocks to where Rick and T-Dog were stationed.

Pretty simple plan, I honestly can't see it going wrong.

"You got some balls for a chinaman." Daryl throws a backhanded compliment to Glenn as he tosses his shirt at me, which I immediately put on - what? It's a nice shirt.

"I'm Korean." Glenn groans, before sprinting into the street.

We squat there silently as the seconds tick away, no noise indicating which way Glenn had gone, or if he was in any danger. It was really unnerving, not knowing what was happening. I wanted to go to the gate to check if he was okay, but as I went to move Daryl put a strong hand on my shoulder, effectively freezing me in place.

"You'll bring 'em down on us if you go out there." He murmurs, hand still placed firmly on my shoulder. "I ain't gonna save your ass if you get jumped. Don't be stupid and quit worrying, woman."

Though I could tell he was being sincere under all the mean comments, I couldn't get past the underlying fear that something had gone wrong and we were just standing around. I'd traveled this city pre and post-apocalypse, and I knew how bad the foot traffic was. You couldn't go two blocks without seeing at least three walkers. And this particular street was packed to the brim just 24 hours prior. It just didn't settle well in my stomach.

"I have a name, y'know?" I hiss back, shrugging his hand from my shoulder. "And it's not 'woman'."

I was expecting him to reply with another one of his never-ending snarky comments or comebacks, but instead, he pushed me back to the wall - quite gently might I add - before turning and pointing his crossbow back down the alley.

"Whoa, don't shoot me! What do you want?" Came an unfamiliar voice, and I guessed it was from whoever Daryl was currently aiming at - a boy from the sounds of it.

They argued back and forth, till the boy burst out screaming for help - in Spanish, no less - and Daryl tackled him to the floor.

I was relatively hidden down by the wall and dumpster, and I guess that was the reason Daryl pushed me here in the first place because I wasn't even seen when two grown men ran into the alley. They race past me and descend upon Daryl, who immediately got knocked to the ground, his arms coming up to cover his head.

I didn't want to fire any shots in case it gained the attention of the walkers on the street, or worse, any of their friends. So I sneak up behind the one with the bat and hack him over the head with the butt of my gun, unfortunately not hard enough to knock the fucker out but enough that he stumbled for a second.