Chapter 19: TS-19

[A/N) So it took me 4 months to update this last time. Let's see how long it takes this time. I don't even know where to start with this. The script I'd been using has changed and now it doesn't have the scene directions so I'm on the verge of crying lol]

[Also! I figured out - through the internet - that the apocalypse started on August 26th, 2010! NOW WE CAN CREATE A REAL TIMELINE]

[Comments are greatly appreciated but not mandatory. This is a SUPER long chapter at 8000+ words, so I'm sorry for the long read.]

-----------------------------------

Previously on The Walking Dead: Fight With You.

The camera that moved.

"It did move!" I agreed quietly, turning back to the street as the sound of the dead crawled from the depths of darkness.

"Please help us." Rick wept in a panic, pulling at the arms around him. "You're killing us! You're killing us! You're killing us!"

We were just about to leave, Rick being restrained into compliance, when the shutters to the CDC scraped open, drowning us in light.

----

[Trigger Warning for this chapter: Brief suicide mention; Mentions of non-con though it doesn't occur; Shane Is His Own Warning; The Walking Dead is also it's own warning; Blood; Swearing; zombies; DEATH!; Y'know, canon typical things.]

Seconds passed as we stood there shellshocked, staring blindly into the light of the now-open CDC entrance. It felt like staring straight into hope, the feeling of life looking right back at us.

But if we wanted it, we had to move now.

Guns raised, we carefully stepped over the threshold and into the building, calling out to our ssaviour"Hello?" I repeated, scanning the pristine walls and floors, careful of the open doors behind us. "Anybody here?"

A gun cocks from our right, and everyone raised their guns at a man.

He wore a simple short-sleeved t-shirt that looked grey - whether that be from the backlit area he stood in or from grime, I don't know - and I'd like to say jeans though I couldn't very well discern them from joggers at this very moment. What I could discern was the military-grade assault rifle he held in his grasp. The very same type that had been used by soldiers urging people to evacuate at the beginning.

"Anybody infected?" He demanded, though his voice was laced with barely concealed panic. Meaning letting us in was indeed a split-second decision.

"One of our group was." Rick admitted, slightly lowering his gun as he spoke, "He didn't make it."

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The man asked, words coming out fast.

"A chance," Rick replied breathlessly.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man countered.

And I agreed.

The choking feeling of tension had risen in my throat, and by the looks of the group in front of me, I wasn't the only one in that boat. We were all tired, hungry, and in dire need of a wash, and if this man turned us away, we'd have nowhere to go and nothing to hope for. This was our last chance.