Chapter 9

Serious Conversations And Monsters In The Night

It's gone quiet. A calm and quiet that didn't need to be filled. Dare I say a comfortable silence.

But, comfort doesn't last in this world.

And we had a dilemma on our hands.

"Have you given any thought to Daryl Dixon?" Dale blurted, wiping the smiles from all of our faces and dropping the atmosphere. "He won't be happy to hear his brother was left behind."

T-dog was the first to answer, the guilt from the day shining clear on his features.

"I'll tell him. I dropped the key. It's on me."

I shook my head at him and countered his reason. "I was the one who got him on the ground in the first place, it should be me."

This time, Rick spoke up. "I cuffed him. That makes it mine."

We probably could've argued till the sun came up and I was ready to, until Glenn sighed heavily, halfheartedly glaring at the three of us.

"Guys it's not a competition." He grimaced slightly before continuing, "I don't mean to bring race into this, but it might sound better coming from a white American guy."

Though I was offended, I had to agree. With how Merle had acted towards T-dog, and what he'd said about me for declining his offer to 'bump uglies', I could see that his brother wouldn't be any different.

Merle was one of those misogynistic, white supremacists who thought themselves the best thing to ever grace the earth.

Loosely translated, Merle is a cunt.

"I did what I did." T-dog argued, just as offended by the comment as I. "Hell if I'm gonna hide from him."

From the little information I'd gathered on the other Dixon, Daryl seemed like the spitting image of Merle.

So, two cunts.

Amy - Andrea's sister - looked around before giving her two pence on the matter.

"We could lie?" She chirps, earning a glare from her sister.

"Solid idea, Ames." I grin, not missing the death glare her sister shot at me. "But, it'd probably backfire."

"Or tell the truth." Andrea scoffs, as if it were the obvious option. "Merle was out of control. Something had to be done or he'd have gotten us all killed. Rick and Megan did what was necessary. And if Merle got left behind, it was nobody's fault but Merle's."

"Yeah," I scoff, tilting my head towards her. "And tell Dixon that? That'll go down smoothly."

Andrea goes to voice a response, when Dale beats her to it. He agrees with me - ha! Suck it, bitch - and looks between Rick and I, telling us we would have our hands full when he gets back from his hunt.

The way Dale puts it, it sounds like someone will get hurt.

The Americans kept arguing, about who was scared and why we ran, but it was going nowhere.