Chapter Three

Introducing An Arsehole

She pushed Rick against a crate as she aimed her pistol at his face.

"You son of a bitch." She growls, "We ought to kill you."

I step to the side as one of the men from the alley - Morales I think - took a few steps around us, along with the other man.

"Just chill out, Andrea. Back off." He said, taking off the protective gear.

"Come on, ease up." A pretty woman backed him up, walking to her side looking straight at the blonde one.

The woman holding the gun kept her gaze on Rick, glaring at him.

"Ease up?" She scoffed, shaking her head as she continued. "You're kidding me, right? We're dead because of this stupid asshole."

Morales took long steps to her side, straightening his back and raising his voice a bit.

"Andrea," he looked towards Rick and me, apologetically yet skeptical. "I said back the hell off."

She didn't, holding the gun still as she breathed heavily. Everyone was silent for a second as she glared at Rick, who was staring back with his head and his shoulders pulled back.

Morales gestured towards Rick.

"Well, pull the trigger."

After he said that, she pulled back the gun and dropped her head, shaking it.

Her face was pained as she sniffled, looking back towards Rick.

"We're dead..." she backed up, wiping her nose. She gestures towards Rick again as she continues. "All of us... Because of you."

Rick stands straight as he takes some deep breaths. He looked toward me and Glenn as he began.

"I don't understand."

Morales is the first to move. He grabs Rick and ushers him through the room.

"Look, we came into the city to scavenge supplies." He pushed Rick forward slightly, through the hallway.

"You know what the key to scavenging is? Surviving! You know the key to surviving?"

We followed behind silently as Morales' voice echoes off the walls of the silent hallway. We make it to a shop - uh, store, I'm in America now - floor as Rick is pushed again.

"Sneaking in and out, tiptoeing. Not shooting up the streets like it's the O.K. Corral."

They stop at the front of the store and we collectively group behind them.

I walked around to the front of the small group and look at the glass doors to see a hoard of Walkers pushing against them.

"Every geek for miles around heard you popping off rounds." The man that I still didn't know the name of concluded, gesturing to the monsters behind the glass.

"You just rang the dinner bell." Andrea chimed sarcastically, walking forward towards a shelf.

Morales turned to Rick again, sighing.