N A Ï V E

Lorraine Lebedeva

"Holy shit." Halette gasps. Rolling my eyes I let myself in and smiled when I saw aunt Nadine in the kitchen.

The flight to France wasn't to bad. I slept the whole time so I didn't get the chance to admire the view which bummed me out cause it's my favorite thing to do whenever we fly. Father had an emergency call therefore he couldn't stop by and pay a little visit to aunt Nadine's.

Dante and I where recently at the hotel where we'll be staying for the next two weeks then he drove me here. His outside now. "You can't just ignore me like that Lora," Haletta yelled behind my back.

Giggling, I turned around and pulled her into a bear hug. "Oka-okay Lora I-I can't breathe." She gasps as she tries to push me away. "Oh, how I've missed you," I say, tightening my grip around her. "Lora!" She gasped.

Rolling my eyes I let go and she stumbles back, catching her breath. "Are you trying to kill me," Haletta says.

"Yeah, maybe," I responded. "Lora!" I spin around, even though it's aunt Nadine. A big smile is plastered across her face.

She has such a beautiful smile.

She reminds me of my mother. With her cherry blonde hair and bright blue eyes. "Aunt Nadine." I greet her cheerfully.

"Oh my gosh, you've grown." She asserts. I politely smile. "How are you?" I ask. "I'm good now that you are here, how is Darcey?"

"Oh, she's doing well uhm she said, she misses you guys," I tell her as I avoid eye contact.

Mother didn't say anything about them before we left. My mom and aunt Nadine aren't on good terms now. They haven't talked to each other for a while now. The only time they get a chance to talk it's always a hello or 'how are the kids' and that time only happens when it's a family gathering dinner party or Christmas. I couldn't just tell aunt Nadine that mother didn't mention her once, it would break her heart. I know she misses her sister and I see a little bit of hope whenever I mention Darcey to her, I just hope they fix things between them.

"I can't believe I have you for the next two whole weeks." Haletta squealed as she spun around in circles like a Disney princess. "Don't go crazy on her Haletta." Aunt Nadine warned and pecked my cheek before she walked back to the kitchen and continued to do whatever she was doing before I arrived. "C'mon," Haletta says, then grabs me by the wrist and drags me to her room.

She shuts the door then faces me with a smirk on her face.

Oh no.

"No." I immediately say. "What the fuck Lora, you don't even know what I was going to say." She proclaims.

I already know what she's going to ask.

"You want to go shopping with me." I said with a blank expression.  She groaned in annoyance. "Fine, yes. Let's go shopping." She said with a narrowed expression. "I'm tired, so we will go tomorrow." I protested as I threw myself on the bed. "It's only 3pm Lora!"

"Yes, time for me to get some rest."

Haletta dragged me off the bed and my body stumbled on the cold floor. "What the hell Haletta!"

She rolled her eyes and tossed me her purse. "Now get up, we are going shopping."

I groaned. "You owe me dessert."

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Shopping with Haletta alright. I'm still upset because I was forced to go shopping with her. We are currently eating our desert while planning what we will be doing these past two weeks.