T O R T U R E

WARNING: this chapter contains scenes that some readers might find disturbing, if you are sensitive to raw violence I highly advice you to skip this chapter towards the end.

Lorraine Lebedev

Just as I cautiously walk over to the men a bullet slams into my chest knocking me to the ground.

The sharp pain spreads up to my chest makes it hard to breathe for a moment.

Thank God I wore my armed vest.

Raphaël rushed over to me and cupped my face. "Are you alright?" He questions worriedly. I force a smile and rise to my feet. "I'm fine." I say

The pain eases a bit but it's still painful to breathe.

Raphaël's eyes darkened as he shot his head to the side, gawking at the person that shot at me. I followed his gaze and my eyes landed on a brunette boy who looked like he was in his late teen years. His eyes widened as he slowly lowered his gun with shaky hands. Raphaël pulled out his gun, aimed it at the boy's head and pulled the trigger. His lifeless body drops to the ground. I watched with wide eyes when he looked at me, he cupped my face and forced me to face him.

"I had to." he whispers. "I know." I let out and pushed him away from him and walked over to the three tied up men. Just by staring at them anger spilled within me like hot lava. The taste of blood danced at the tip of my tongue.

Just by looking at these men, helplessly and pathetic.

They were responsible for her death.

They took her away from you.

They took her away from me!

Dante stepped in front of me blocking my path but I glared at him and he stepped back. I pulled out my septton small black blade and stabbed the bald guy in the thigh. His head jerked back as he cried out in agony. His olive toned skin turns red, thick veins popping from each side of his head.

My heart pounds in my chest as my breaths slow down, carefully staring at the man as he cries out in pain.

"Vincent Alo." I say, he glares at me, his whole body trembling in pain, sweat and tears covering his face.

"Now that the party has started." Rhett proclaims besides me, he grips the back of Vincent's neck and rests his forehead against his. "Behave like a good dog and maybe you get to live to see the sunrise tomorrow." he whispers, patting the side of Vincent's face and steps back.

I'm not sure where this sudden confidence and dominance came from but I fucking love it. The adrenaline rushing in my veins makes me feel powerful. Like I'm unstoppable.

"You remember me?" I question hoarsely, my grip tightened around the length of the blade. Vincent meets my gaze then looks away, his body trembling in pain. I nod my head. "Yeah..." I trail off. "You remember me." I state as I slowly sink the sharp blade deeper into his flesh.

"What do you want?" He questions, his voice low and shaky.

Revenge, I want fucking revenge.

Anger seethes under my skin, as the man finally looks at me, his cold stare meeting mine. The smell of fresh blood works its way to my nostrils.

Revenge, I want fucking revenge.

Anger seethes under my skin, as the man finally looks at me, his cold stare meeting mine. The smell of fresh blood works its way to my nostrils. I leaned closer to his ear, "I want you to tell me who was the fucker that was behind the attack." I declare. Silence spills out between us. The only sound you could hear was the shootout that was happening outside.