B E D

Lorraine Lebedev

I stared at him in disbelief, my hands wrapped around my sore neck, the tears drying on my face.

"Why the fuck would you do that?!" I questioned my voice cracking midway. I was not scared. I was filled with anger and confusion.

Raphaël studied me, his dark eyes softened a hint of guilt forming.

"I don't trust you." he asserted.

My brows pulled together as I glared at him. "I could have left you to rot in that basement but instead I was decent enough to take you with me." I remarked.

"Yet you were the one who got me locked up in the first place." he proclaimed in a horse deep voice, sending chills trailing down my back.

"You kidnapped my best friend and injured her." I snarled bitterly.

He took a step closer to me. "If you obeyed she wouldn't have been fighting her life in a hospital bed."

"If you used your fucking brain, you would have kidnaped me the moment you sneaked in my apartment back in France but clearly poor Raphaël only thinks with his fucking dick and blames his failures on everyone else." I clapped back.

Ugh he was so infuriating to talk to!

The more I looked at him the more I wanted to shoot his balls and kiss those sweet lips.

He drives me insane and I don't like it.

I pushed him out of the walk and walked past him then came to a halt when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him, my body hitting up against his.

His head towered over mine, his hazel eyes searching for something...anything. Reading me like an open book which made me feel vulnerable.

He pulled his brows together when he realized something was off about me. His hands reached for my aching neck and gently stroked it with his thumb. "You need to put ice before it bruises." He whispered, his gaze still fixed on me. "We do not have ice." I told him and looked away.

Raphael caught me by surprise by locking our hands and leading me to the small bathroom.

One thing I hated about this man was his mood. One minute he is pissed and cold and the next he is caring and actually a decent human being. For once he should make up his mind. Is he going to kill me or treat me like a human being?

My eyes followed him carefully as he grabbed a cloth and heated it up under some hot water, he walked toward me and pressed the hot cloth onto my aching neck.

I shrieked back from the pain. "Relax," he said.

Staring up at him, he slowly pressed the cloth against my neck this time lightly. I was slightly relaxed.

Our eyes locked this whole time and saying a single word as he treated me.

Tension rose by the minute, the fire igniting under my skin.

I wanted to look away but I couldn't.

There was something of the hazel tree in his hazel eyes, not only the comforting browns of the boughs yet also the green of springtime buds. He was the kind of handsome that got into my bones, that spoke to me of olden times before he'd said a word.

"I don't hurt women."  he blurted out. I ignored him.

I didn't want to say anything because I intended to say the wrong things in the worst situation. So if I want his help I have to be on his good side.

The feeling of him massaging my neck with the warm cloth, relaxed me.

Moments later he set the cloth aside. "All done." He affirmed.

How am I going to ask him? How do I even bring up the topic? He followed me out of the small bathroom and into the bedroom. Thankfully I was already in my pajamas so it wouldn't be awkward.

I grabbed a pillow from the king sized bed and placed it on the couch near the window.

Raphaël looked at me suspiciously, millions of questions flashed in his eyes.  "What?" I asked, disturbed by him starring while I prep my bed. His brows furrowed. "Have you been sleeping on the couch?"

I nibble my bottom lip and nod my head. 

His facial expression changed. He looked bothered.

Did he not like it that I slept on the couch?

"Why?" he asked suspiciously, strolling towards me in a slow pace. "There was only one bed." I stated, my eyes shifted towards the bed then back at him.

"But there is enough space for the both of us." he argued back, his voice low and gentle yet had a powerful effect on me.

He walked over to the couch and sat on it then rose to his feet again.

"Fuck Lorraine, these cushions are hard and uncomfortable." He seethed.

"I know, but the pillow and blanket make it easier to sleep on." I told him, tucking a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

He shook his head. "You are sleeping on the bed tonight." he proclaimed. "But-" he interrupted me. "No, buts. You are sleeping on the bed. Period." He argued.

I press my lips together and stayed silent knowing that arguing with him won't do any justice.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I pulled the blanket closer to my chest as Raphaël entered the bed after he showered.

The smell of my raspberry shampoo filtered my nostrils. I wanted to giggle at the thought of Raphaël smelling like sweets. His usual scent is fresh and muscular, which I secretly grew fond of.

His usual scent is fresh and muscular, which I secretly grew fond of.

I kept a safe distance between the both of us. He rested his head on the headboard.

"What is going on red." he uttered.

My body, stiffened at the word red and the fact that we are sharing the same bed.

Turning to face him, he looked at me with an emotion I couldn't quite call out.

I take a deep breath, calming my nerves

"My mother died in my arms."

-

Hey, my devils and angels! I hope you are enjoying the book so far. Also I'm here to brag about how I'm balling with these update. I'm actually proud of myself lmao.

Oh, also I'm apologizing for the short chapter but I'm really tired today but I promise the next one will be long and exciting.

I LOVE YOU TAKE CARE <3

Instagram @ Sinfulxhaze
Pinterest @ Sinfulxhaze
Twitter @ Sinfulxhaze
Email hazelblackwood.np@gmail.com

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter!