P R O B L E M

Lorraine Lebedeva

3 DAYS LATER

"What?!"

"We are leaving tomorrow." My father repeated.

I purse my lips. "But we have-"

"A few more days." He finished my sentence.

I scrunch in my seat and press my head against the window.

"I know you wanted to stay here longer but something came up and right now it's not safe for you to be out in the open." He explained.

"Why?" I asked.

Not sure why I asked because I already knew the answer.

"Do you remember when I told you about the Italians...?"

I nodded.

He sighed. "Well, they are after you."

His brow knitted, confused as to why I didn't react. He probably expected me to be shocked or terrified but my face was blank.

I was not fazed by the mere thought of the Italians coming after me.

Why?

Because I have already crossed paths with them including Raphael, who also touched me in a way I haven't been touched before by any man.

"Oh." I simply said.

"Oh?" he repeated as if it's his first time hearing the word.

"Oh-uh I-I don't know how to feel about it. Why are they after me?" I stutter.

I looked away, I felt intimidated by the way my father was looking at me. If I met his gaze he would figure out that I was hiding something from him.

"Lorraine, look at me." He said slowly.

My mouth went dry and an uncomfortable feeling danced in my stomach.

I don't want to look at him; If I do I'll break and he will figure out that I was fooling around with his enemy.

Now, in these types of situations, people would advise me to lie but the problem is that I am a terrible liar, to be more clear I am a terrible liar to my father.

I turned to look at him, his cold gaze met mine.

His gaze softened as he placed his hand on my shoulder then gently squeezed it. "I'll do anything to protect you and right now I just have to keep an eye on you and your mother. After this passes the three of us will go on a family vacation, you could bring Katina or Haletta if you want." he gestures

A small smile creeps onto my face and I nod. "That would be nice," I whispered as his smile grew wider.

"Things will change but it won't be permanent okay...?"

"Okay," I said, then nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

⋅⊰∙∘☾∘∙⊱⋅

"I'm going to miss the shit out of you." said Haletta as she helped me pack my suitcase.

"I'll miss you too." I replied, folding my laundry and setting it aside.

I actually had a good time here in France apart from seeing those men, I enjoyed it here. I'm not sure when I'll be back but I hope I can bring Katina with me.

"When will you be back?" Haletta asked. I paused and turned to face her.

"I'm not sure." I answered truthfully.

We were supposed to return next month with mother for Haletta's birthday but with everything going on, I don't think we will celebrate it this year.

And since it's fall season (favorite time of the year) Katina and I have big plans.

"What about my birthday?" She asked as she zipped my suitcase, I sighed.

"Also not sure, but I'll ask my father." I told her, sitting on the edge of the bed.

My flight leaves in two hours so I only got an hour to make it to the airport in time.

"Hey..."

"Don't worry, if we don't make it this year...I promise I'll make it up to you." I told her.

She turned to face me and smiled softly. "I know Lora." She sighed, throwing herself on the bed.

"I still want my gift."

I narrowed my brows. "What gift?"

She smirked. "You know..." Haletta trailed off, wiggling her eyebrows as if she caught me making out with my school crush in the hallway.

"Я не могу с тобой." I groaned. "What?" [ translation: I can't with you ]

"Nothing, could you please help me with my luggage?"

Haletta rolled her eyes then grabbed some of my bags, heading for the door.

"When I learn Russian it will be over for you." She announced as she opened the door and walked out. I smiled. "Hmm, I don't think so, Haletta." I teased.

Haletta doesn't have time to learn Russian and even if she does it will take a while.

I dragged my luggage out of the room and shut the door behind me. I stopped in my tracks as I faced the door leading to the room Raphael once slept in.

My stomach dropped when flashbacks of him and I played in my mind.

I pressed my lips together and shut my eyes.

It's over between you two...

I ended things, which is a good thing. We are practically strangers so there is no need to waste my time with a man I barely know.

"Lora!"

Haletta's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I cleared my throat then finally had the courage to walk away.

If only I stayed home with my mother...

-
Hey angels and devils 🖤 I'm back!!! Thank you so much for being patient with me school has been a pain in the ass these past few weeks :/

I apologize for the short chapter, I had to publish a chapter since it's been a while when I last updated Devils Daughter.

Anyway, I'll be updating regularly scheduled including my other book Her Unholy Desires.

I love you all take care <3

Instagram @ Sinfulxhaze
Pinterest @ Sinfulxhaze
Twitter @ Sinfulxhaze
Email hazelblackwood.np@gmail.com

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter!