E N E M Y

Lorraine Lebedev

I woke up to the sound of voices.

My eyes fluttered open, stretching my arm out disappointment filled my chest when I felt the empty bed.

He was not in bed, the only thing I could feel of him was the pain between my legs.

I groan into the pillow, laying there for five minutes as my mind replayed the hot sex between me and Raphaël.

My head shot up when the realization hit me.

Raphaël took my virginity!

Heat rushed to my face, a twisted feeling settling in my gut. Did I regret it?

I thought about it deeply...

I did not.

Now why do I feel so, so...

I can't explain this feeling but I feel different in some type of way. I do not know if it was physical or mental.

I push my body up and sit at the edge of the bed, the blanket slightly covering my legs, leaving my chest exposed.

I ran my fingers through my messy hair and sighed.

This is going to be awkward.

Rising from the bed, my legs slightly trembled, each step I took to the bathroom the ache between my legs spiked causing me to slow down my pace.

I swear, this man went all out on me yesterday. It was more painful than pleasurable but I wouldn't mind reliving the moment again.

When I reach the bathroom I stare at the girl in the mirror.

Strawberry red hair hugging her round pale face, flushed cheeks and blue upturned shaped eyes.

If you told me five months ago that I would be broken and have lost everyone I've loved I would have laughed in your face.

My eyes spot a purple bruise on my neck, three in fact on my collar bone as well and breast.

Butterflies burst in my stomach, realizing that he marked me.

I lick my lips and take one quick glance at myself before taking a shower.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I tied my hair into a low ponytail. I was wearing gray sweats and a black hoodie with white Nike sneakers. I mostly packed comfortable clothes.

Stepping out of the room I followed the sound of the muffled voices.

"So you will just help her just because she lost her mother!" A woman's voice rumbled within the walls as I approached the tiny living room, with a couch in the middle of the room, a small tv hung up against the wall and a small empty bookshelves.

As soon as I came into view everyone's eyes were on me.

I saw Dante leaning against the wall next to the window, Raphael sitting on the right side of the couch next to Marcello and the woman who was with Raphael in the warehouse.

When did these two get here?

I met Marcello's dark gaze, his brown eyes staring back at me with disgust and hatred. I swallowed hard and looked away, meeting the woman's intense stare.

She had the same eye color as Raphael, her curls hugging her perfect face. She is more beautiful than the last time I saw her. She wore zero makeup, her full lips were glossy, high defined jaw and cheekbones, long lashes and thick shaped eyebrows. Her skin was honey toned and looked soft and clear.