E N D G A M E

Lorraine Lebedev

I drew my gun in his direction. "Where. Is. She?" I repeated with a lowered tone.

He eyed the woman beside him, then scoffed. "Is this some kind of fucking joke Lorraine..." Raphael trailed off. "Is this supposed to scare me?"

His brows snapped together and I glared at him.

The tension between us grew by the second, we pretended to be nothing more than enemies, and it was boiling under the surface.

Raphael glared dangerously, as did the woman beside him before he smiled at me. "Give us the girl Raphael and no one get's hurt." Dante warned.

Raphael took a few steps forward, and the guards cocked their guns, ready to fire when I gave them the word.

"Oh, no I'm afraid it doesn't work like that." he chuckled darkly.

His attention shifts to me, amusement flashes in his eyes. "You want her safe and sound, give me what I want." he declared, his voice coming out low and threatening which sends unwanted shivers trailing down my body.

"Make me." I said. He smirked knowing that there's a double meaning to it.

Raphael turned to the woman and spoke to her in Italian. She nodded before walking away, all the guns following her like a pair of eyes glued to the television, carefully following the character's movements with their eyes.

"Lorraine, you genuinely take me as a moron?" He questioned, as he rolled up his sleeves and loosened his tie.

"I've been doing this for years and you what, three months-" he trailed off then laughed. "Scratch that, this is your first time." Heat rushed to my cheeks not because of the cold but because of how Raphael is embarrassing me.

Rage rushed through my veins. I wanted to tackle him to the ground and strangle him to death. Ever since we have met at the club he's always been in my mind and when I try to forget about him, he always finds a way in.

It frustrates me, standing in front of the man that makes me go insane, he tortures me, haunts me day and night and what's hilarious is that this man has not hurt me, physically and emotionally but he drains me.

Drains me like a vampire sucking the blood out of his victims. He likes-loves to see me suffer even if he's thousands of miles away from me. He always finds a fucking way.

I hate myself, I hate myself that I allow him to do it. I leave the door wide open and welcome him in.

I hate him for that. I hate him so fucking much it aches to stand in front of him and watch as he plays his sick mind games with me.

I gawk at him to watch me with cruel delight.

"I will kill you." I snapped. "I'm right here red." He said.

The sound of someone crying echoed in the abandoned building, Moments later Katina and the woman approached us.

Katina was blind folded, her hands tied up and clothes covered in dirt and dry blood.

The first thing that came to my mind was wondering whose blood was she wearing because I certainly know it was not hers.

"Please, please I didn't do anything." she cried, her small voice cracking at the end.

My heart ached and I didn't have the courage to look at her. It's my fault she's in this position. I forced myself into this just to impress my father. I put someone's life at risk just to prove my father wrong.

And that someone is my best friend. I will make sure she walks away unharmed.

I promised her that she will be safe thus I will keep the promise.

The woman removed the blind fold. Katina winces at the harsh light, she slowly opens her eyes and searches the room. Her eyes stop when they meet mine.

"Lorraine." She cries.

Taking a deep breath I push back the urge to pull her into my arms, never letting her go.

"This is how it's going to work." The woman finally spoke.

She grabs Katina's face. "Surrender or we kill her." She threatened, and I knew that she was not bluffing.

"Ma'am they are trying to get under your skin, don't let them." he whispered in my ear.  

I cocked my gun and pointed it at her. "Touch her, you're dead."

The woman smiled, reaching for something in her jacket, I pulled the trigger without a second thought.

My eyes are tightly shut, hands shaking and my heart pounding in my chest.

A loud thud echoed within the walls which made me open my eyes, stunned by what I saw in front of me.

I killed her...

I killed Katina.

My hands shook, legs trembling, blood pounding in my ears, my vision disfigured as if I were looking through a fisheye-lens. The air closed in as it got difficult to breathe. The pain in my shoulder ramped up from stiffness all the way to searing, blinding agony faster than I could blink.

"Katina!" I cried out.

Without reluctance, a shot flies through one of my guards, chest and chaos breaks out, followed by gunshots erupting from everywhere. I was pulled behind a wall.

I threw the gun and studied my trembling hands, tears pouring out of my eyes.

I am a killer.

-

Heyy angles and devils, how are you? I hope you guys are well. I came here to say Im so excited lmao the action has finally began for this book ugh!! I can't wait I have a bag full surprises. :)

Anyway I'd like to hear your thoughts on this chapter , personally I don't know how to put in words but for now I'll say...this is just the beginning.

Instagram @ Sinfulxhaze
Pinterest @ Sinfulxhaze
Twitter @ Sinfulxhaze
Email hazelblackwood.np@gmail.com

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter!