V E X A T I O U S

Lorraine Lebedev

"Lora." A sweet voice called out my name, I moaned and shifted in my bed. The voice gently laughs then shakes me, which awakes me.

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was my mother's bright smile stretched across her beautiful face.

"Freshen up, we are going out in an hour." She announced.

I licked my chapped lips and lifted myself up, resting my head on my bed's leather headboard.

"What time is it?" I asked, my voice coming out raspy. "It's noon." she said before leaning in and pecking my forehead. "I'll wait for you downstairs."

She soothed her beige colored trousers before walking away, shutting my bedroom door leaving me in silence.

I sigh and purposely drown myself in my silk bed sheets.

I just want my birthday over and done with.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Let me see Lorraine!?  " My mother wheedled with excitement.

I soothed the sleeveless satin red long dress that touches the floor, it has a deep split between my thighs with a revealing cleavage. I don't have to wear a bra with this dress, so my sensitive nipples rub against the fabric.

I took one quick glance in the full body mirror before walking out of the changing room.

Her blue eyes lit when she saw me, her painted red lips stretched across her face.

"Sweetheart, red looks beautiful on you." she chipped.

I pressed my lips together.

He crept into my mind as his soothing voice called me red repeatedly.

I shook him out of my head and cleared my throat.

"I think we have found the one." She cheered as she adjusted my dress. "Don't you think?" She inquired.

Her blue eyes searched mine then her smile faded when she noticed that something was off. "Lora?" Mother trials off.

I lightly shook my head dismissing her. "I'm going to change." I uttered then walked back into the changing room.

I took slow deep breaths, staring back at the girl in the mirror.

My auburn red hair fell in soft cinnamon curls swirling to my round face that was as sweet as a white chocolate button. My eyes were the blue of every dancing sky. My eyes and hair always made me picture the image of fire and water. A spray of freckles blessed my skin, like little stars in the sky.

I was a spitting image of my mother but I was nothing compared to her.

She is the purest woman I've ever met. I've always wondered what an innocent soul is doing with a man just like my father who found enjoyment in torturing and killing.

Who was merciless and is known to be incapable of love.

Removing the dress, I neatly placed it on the wooden stool and dressed myself back into my normal clothes which was a black cargo pants, black polo neck and topped it off with my beige coat since it is cold outside and my black boots.

I gathered my belongings including the dress and stepped out of the tiny room. My mother and I paid for the dress including accessories that caught her eye.

We've been roaming around the mall for hours looking for a dress that she can wear tomorrow, I got tired so I offered to take a break and grabbed something to eat.