E S C A P E

Lorraine Lebedev

Silence filled between us.

I was anxious to see how he would react to what I told him.

Would he help me?

Would he report me to my father?

The answer remains unknown until he speaks his mind.

"Dante." I called out, anxiety creasing in my veins.

Dante looked at me, an unknown emotion swirled in his brown eyes.

"Lorraine, why are you telling me this?" Is the first thing that left his mouth. I sighed, taking a set at the edge of my bed. "I don't know." I answered truthfully.

I actually do not know why I am asking for his help. I just feel like he has the heart in him to help even though he is loyal to my father.

Dante crossed his arms deep in thought.

We sat like this for the past five minutes, anxious by the minute.

"If I help you, I will be seen as a traitor and your father will kill me instantly." He explained which was true.  It was selfish of me to ask him to risk everything just for me but that is how desperate I am to leave this hell of a house.

"Dante I know, It's just that-" He interrupted me mid sentence. "I will help you, but there is a catch." He said. My eyes widened in disbelief as the words sank in. I kept my cool and asked. "What's the catch?"

"I want to come with you, make sure you are safe. It is my duty after all and I am your personal bodyguard." he stated.

I rose to my feet and shook my head. "No, I do not want to drag you into this further." Dante smiled and shrugged. "I already know that you are running tonight with Raphaël." He let out. "I can easily go up to your father and tell him what you just told me but I don't want to. I know where you're coming from and I am willing to help you seek revenge."

Without a second thought I threw myself onto him. I do not know why but I just did.

"Thank you for risking everything for me. I will pay you back. I promise."

He chuckled, his chest vibrating against my face." Don't sweat it kid."

Pulling back my smile faded. "How will we sneak Raphaël out of the house without anyone knowing?" I asked. Dante placed his hand on my shoulder. "I will handle that and the car. All you need to do is be ready by 2am. Okay." he declared.

I nodded.

"Good." He said before opening the door. He checked if the coast was clear then left.

I guess this is it, an end to the era of me being a daddy's girl.

I chuckled at the thought and sighed aloud.

I'm not a very religious person but I pray to God this goes smoothly and without anyone getting hurt.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

2AM

I tied my red hair into a high ponytail and zip up my leather jacket, sliping my backpack on my bed.

The house is quiet, majority of the guards went home now only the night shifters are here. Not sure home many but security is tight outside at night.

I slowly opened the door, making sure it didn't make a creaking sound. One foot in front of the other, leaving my bedroom.

I carefully made my way downstairs and hurried my way to the garage. I opened the door and quickly walked inside. I came to a dark room.