K I L L E R

Lorraine Lebedev

"Ma'am!"

"Ma'am!"

I wanted to reverse time and warn myself not to drag Katina into this. What I've done has made me sweaty, it felt like my life was running out of me. My body felt so weak. My vision was hazy, palms sweating, heart pounding, dry mouth and my windpipe felt clogged up, All I could hear were muffled noises, and a constant ring.

I felt like I was having a panic attack, I couldn't control my breathing, I couldn't think, my mind was hazy. It felt like my chest might get crushed any minute until I was pulled out of my panic by Dante violently shaking me-pulling me back into reality.

"Ma'am they are getting away!" He yelled. My breathing was heavy as my mind tried to process everything that happened.

"W-who?" I asked to whistle the sound of explosives rumbling within the walls.

"Raphael." He said.

The mention of his name caused rage to flow through me like lava.

He's going to pay.

I will make sure he fucking pays.

I grabbed Dante's gun and checked if it was loaded. Wiping away my tears I took a deep breath in. "Which way did he go?" I asked him. He pointed towards an empty alley that leads you to the second level of the building I assume.

"Pyatero iz vas, so mnoy." I ordered. (translation: five of you, with me.)

"Make sure you put Katina's body somewhere safe." I uttered and he nodded.

I cleared my throat and ran towards the exit with five of my men behind me.

I cocked the gun, and signaled my men to separate. They shouldn't have gone far. From what my father has shown me on the blueprints this building only has one exit...

Which is the very same door we came from and obviously they can't escape through there unless they wish to face death in the eye.

I walked towards the entrance door. From there, the whole structure appeared to be monstrously massive. I truly thought the feeling of inferiority would cease when I entered the building. It did not. From the inside, it looked as big as ever before, for there were no floors or ceiling.

The empty space where a window would have stood, where shattered, sharp remains of glass still lie, threatening me like someone putting a knife at my throat.

I took slow cautious steps, every single nerve in my body alerted, ready to fight.

foreign liquid dripped from ceilings onto the dusty concrete floors. A plethora of breeze blew from an open window on the far left wall. Sending unwanted shiver's throughout my body.

My heart was pounding against my chest, was I scared?

Yes, I was but I was also filled with rage, anger stirred within me.

I was startled by the sound of a gunshot, my men have probably encountered with on of them

I paused when I heard something behind me. It sounded like light footsteps, heading towards my direction.

I looked over my shoulder and saw a bulky figure approaching me.

I spun around, fist flying towards his head. It met his palm.

My blue eyes met his hazel eyes. They are beautiful, hypnotic swirls of green, gold and brown. They are the calming green of a forest; The golden rays of the setting sun; And the color of sweet honey oozing from a delicious honeycomb.