P L A N

Lorraine Lebedev

I paced around in circles in my room. The same question is repeating in my head like an endless loop.

If I was my father where would I hide and torture the man I hated the most?

I thought of the warehouses but it would be easy for him to escape, it's basically advertising a break in to torture someone as powerful as him.

What about one of his safe houses?

I scoffed at the idea. That's dumb why would he keep someone hostage at a safe house...

It's literally a safe house for a reason

I think deeper all the possible places kept running in my head.

Clubs, abandoned buildings, hotels, underground warehouses...

Knowing my father–well the decent side of him, he is a very unpredictable man and smart.

He will do the most brutal things just for his name to gain infinite power and fear.

It was power over anything for him.

Then that's when I realized, we have a basement that's always locked.

There is a chance father might keep him there.

I'll have to confirm that theory before I do something.

I walked over to my bedroom door, shaking off the anxiety before walking out. Two guards stood in front of my door as they stood straight up.

"Ms. Lebedeva." They said, giving me a curt nod. I turned to the buzz cut guard. "Have you seen Dante by any chance?" I asked.

The guard looked at me curiously. "He's in the guard house."

The guard house is a house of the most trusted guards to stay in. "Could you ask for him, it is important." I said. The guard nodded and walked off. I glanced at the other guard, in his late twenties I presume.

Pressing my lips together I walk away.

The basement is three floors and two flights of stairs from where I am. I passed a few maids. They all looked at me surprised that I'm out of my room and a couple of guards were doing their duties as always.

When I finally reached downstairs, I cluelessly stood in the middle of the foyer. I continued to walk straight down past the dining room and kitchen.

When I reached the end of the hallway there was a small passage to my left that led to a door, which is the basement.

I quickly hid behind a shelf stacked with old books. I peeked my head out and saw two armed guards exchange words. I bit my lower lip, an idea processing in my head. I approached the guards. They both turned to look at me.

"You two." I stated, my voice coming out demanding, they straighten their posture appearing more intimidating.. "My father would like to have a word with you."

Then men, dressed black exchanged looks, fear and confusion lingering in their eyes.

"But we were told not to leave this door." The man standing on the right, in his mid thirties said.

I pulled my brows together and crossed my arms. "Are you disobeying my father?" I asked strictly.

"No miss." he protested. "Now..." I trailed off and they both scurried away. My lip curls up into a small smile as I watch them leave.

After a minute I rushed to the door and pulled out my hairpin. I pulled apart the bobby pin so that it is long. I stuck the flat end of the pin into the top of the lock and bent it until it flush against the door knob. I jiggled it and did my magic, after a while I heard a click and I smiled in satisfaction.

Tucking the pin in my back pocket jeans I pushed the door open.

It was dark and reeked of body fluids. Small sets of stairs led you into the dark, the wind blew onto my face, sending unwanted chills throughout my body.

I let out a small breath, turned around making sure I'm not being watched and walked in then closed the door.

I pulled out my phone and turned my flash on, carefully walking down the stairs.

I really hope he is being kept here.

My eyes wandered around the creep dark basement, there were no windows whatsoever, The walls were covered in dry blood and decomposed guts from God knows where.

The floor was wet with water and blood, feces were sitting at the far corner of the room.

I wanted to vomit. I reeked here.

I froze when I saw a body changed up to a chair. Their clothes torn and drenched in blood, his head hung low.

I rushed towards the body, lifting his head by his damp hair.

My heart sank when I saw Raphaël.

He was fully awake but looked like he hadn't slept in days and he smelled really bad, he was covered in sweat and blood. He had cuts on his face, cut chapped lips and his beard grew.

His breathing was shallow. "Raphaël?" I whispered he groaned.

God he looked terrible.

He slowly opened his eyes and met mine.

He smiled darkly when he saw it was me. "Hello, red." he uttered, his voice raspy and low. I rolled my eyes.

Even when he's in bad shape he's still cocky.

"I'm going to get you out of here." I uttered. Raphaël coughed violently. "That is stupid of you."

Pressing my lips together I fought back the urge to argue back, we didn't have enough time.

"We will be leaving tonight, okay..." I whispered, stroking his cheek he grumbled.

I sigh and quickly leave the basement, then rush back to my room.

I closed the door behind me breathless as I pressed the back of my head against the door.

I need to pack a few clothes.

I can't believe I'm running away with Raphaël, well I will come back...someday but for now I need to fight for my mother since father is a coward.

I packed a few clothes and shoes in my bag, I lowered myself next to my bed and pulled out a box from under my bed.

Removing the lid I saw all the things that were precious or a secret. The first thing I noticed was the lingerie and note Raphaël sent me months ago.

Butterflies burst in my stomach as heat ran to my cheeks. I swept the thin fabric under my hands and lifted it in the air as I analyzed it. I haven't worn it before maybe because I don't have a reason to wear it. Not until now.

I hesitated to pack it but I did eventually, including my knife collection.

Zipping my bag placed it in the corner of my room and my head shot up when I heard a knock on a day followed by a deep voice. "Lorraine?" Dante's voice called out.

I quickly rushed to my door, opened it and yanked him. It might look suspicious but I did not care at this point.

Dante was stunned and stood there awkwardly.

"I need your help." I blurted out.

All I know is that Dante is my ticket to freedom, if he doesn't agree to help me then there is no hope left. 

-

Instagram @ Sinfulxhaze
Pinterest @ Sinfulxhaze
Twitter @ Sinfulxhaze
Email hazelblackwood.np@gmail.com

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter!