B U R N

Lorraine Lebedev

The aroma of spaghetti and mince hangs in the air when Raphaël walks into the kitchen.

Unbuttoning his jacket, he takes it off while his eyes scan over me. "You cooked?" is the first thing he said to me in 4 days.

Raphaël and I have been living together in Italy for the past five months. It has been heaven, but I hated that work got in-between our time we had together. When he left for a business trip for days I would be left home and with me it would be vice versa.

These 4 days without him has been awful. I missed him when he wrapped me around his arms. Home did not feel like home without him being near me but I have grown close with the Romano's they have accepted me in like their own. Flavio and I would always hang out whenever I visited the Romano's. Abree and I eventually tolerated each other and grew close over these past few months.

I can actually call her my friend.

Raphaël's parents treat me like I'm their own daughter which makes my heart melt. They finally opened up with me and treated me like I'm their daughter. They actually showed me the healthy relationship a daughter should have with their parents.  Sometimes I wish mother was still here but I've finally healed and let her go. As well as Katina. Whenever I was in Russia for business I would sometimes visit her grave and update her about my life. I know it's weird talking to a dead corpse buried six feet under but it gave me closure that she will always be there for me. Dead or alive. I will always love my best friend.

I've fought my demons. The nightmares stopped whenever I was with Raphaël but whenever he was away they would come back they're aren't as bad as they where 10 months ago. Raphaël thinks the nightmares have finally stopped, I might have told him that but I only told him that so whenever he was away fro business he wouldn't stress about me.

"Yes, since we are now living together I thought it might be a good idea to learn cooking. I hate feeling useless in the kitchen." I blushed. He takes a hold of my arm and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"I hope your cooking tastes better than you do." he whispered in my ear as I flush deeper, his masculine spicy scent lingering in my nostrils. He smells mouthwatering. He pulls back. "Exhausting, who knew recruiting new gang members could drain you." I mumbled as I continued to stir the spaghetti soup. "But besides that it was good. Although I have to fly back to Russia for an emergency at one of clubs with the Irish's as we discuss the further shipments of the weapons." I announced and Raphaël frowns. "How long will you be gone?" he questions. I turned around and cupped his face then placed a kiss onto his lips. "Not long my moya lyubov." I whisper against his lips.

"I like it when you call me that amore mio." He mutters against my ear, as his hands slowly glide up my thigh.

Longing whispered through me, his lips lowered from my mouth as they found themselves on my neck, sucking gently on my sensitive neck and collar bone. One hand clenches around Raphaël's shirt as the other griped the edge of the counter behind me.

Jesus, I've missed how his touch sets my body on fire.

"Raphaël..." I moan wanting him to stop because his doing it again, his distracting me in the kitchen!

And I've warned him about this, I did not know what it was with him but whenever he found me kitchen doing something I will always burn the food because of him. Something always goes wrong when him and I are in the kitchen together. Especially with me. He can't keep his hands to himself.

"Hmm." He groans, he pressed his body against mine, grinding his hard bulge between my legs. My abdomen twisted in desire. A soft moan escapes my lips when he finds the sweet spot on my neck,