53

I'd been waiting in the car for over twenty minutes, scanning every face that barreled out of the airport doors- none of which were his.

But then the automatic doors parted, with the sexiest fucking man alive stepping through. "There!" I called to the driver and he shoved out of his door, hurrying into the snow, rounding the car to pull the door open.

Mark tilted his head, looking through the windshield, smiling when he saw me. It had only been two weeks but I missed him, missed that smile.

He bent down in front of the door, eyes twinkling. "I like this white glove service," he teased, handing his bag to the driver before dropping into the seat and scooting right over next to me- nose brushing mine, preparing me for the intensity his lips were about to hit me with. "I hope you know it's Valentine's Day papi!"

"You don't say..." I pushed a kiss against his lips while pulling the roses up from the floor. "Happy Valentine's baby."

"So you did know!" He smacked the quickest kiss against my lips, opting to bury his face in the roses instead. "You pick me up at the airport with flowers... a man could get used to this!"

"Giorgia's been calling every day this week reminding me it's Valentine's Day."

"God, I love that girl!"

"Me too." I threw my arm around him and he immediately nestled into my side as we drove off. "Ready for dinner."

"Family dinner on Valentine's... interesting."

"It's Sunday." Didn't matter, every Sunday was family dinner.

"And you're sure they want me to join? That's a big deal right?" He looked up, eyes a perfect swirl of green and brown.

The family had asked to meet him, Sofia insisted on it. "It is and they do."

"How are you and Luca?"

I rolled my face to the window, watching the skies cloud over, casting a gloomy shadow over the city. That was how it had been with Luca too, he was distant, only talking when he needed to. It was just a new normal we both had to face. "Solid. We haven't talked much."

His hand hit my leg, a smack right against my thigh- and I whipped my face down, meeting his horny smile. "And what are we doing after dinner?"

I shrugged for show, keeping my eyes on those long fingers clamped over my thigh. "This is my first Valentine's Day, you tell me."

"Tell you..." He whispered back. "I prefer to show you."

Oh fuck... I had missed him. "Fuck it, I'm canceling dinner."

"No!" He gasped, slapping my knee- really, really making me want to cancel dinner. "Don't worry, I'm on pacific time- I won't be tired until very, very late."

That's great, but I wanted him now. "We should head to my place, put your bags away..."

"But it's almost seven."

"I know, fuck I know." And god forbid we be late to dinner. "Hey," I yelled up to the driver. "Can you stop at the market up there."

"Wow, desperate much," Mark laughed. "You want to get dirty in the market?"

Jesus. I laughed, shaking my head. "I need to pick up a bottle of wine to bring over."

"Too bad..." he teased.

We pulled to the curb and the driver jumped up, racing for my door. "I'll just be a second."

"No, I want to go in!" Mark insisted, already elbowing his door open. "I've never seen a little New York deli market!"