12

I tossed the papers down to Luca's desk, dropped my head back against his leather seat and closed my eyes. I was wrecked.

I'd been shuffling back and forth all week, handling my shit plus Luca's, running clients and the company. Then either staying at his place or stopping by before and after work to check on him.

"Luca?"

I rolled my face towards the door, slowly opening my eyes, seeing James stepping into the office. "Oh shit, sorry Stefano."

"No worries." I sat back up, slamming the computer screen down. "I'm about done here anyways." I looked up to the clock on the wall, nine already and I'd been here since seven this morning.

"What do you want me to do about the Boyd-Dole account?"

"Hand it over." I flung my arm out, gesturing for the files in his hand. "I'll give it to Gav- you focus on Johnson."

"You got it boss. I'll get back online and do the transfer now." He started back out the door, then stopped, wheeling right back around. "How is he? He's never been gone this long? Guys on nineteen said it was an OD."

"Jesus Christ- it was a fucking heart attack." Shit... "Don't repeat that." Of course- only Luca would spread that it was an OD instead of a heart attack. "And he's good, good for Luca. I'm heading over there right now."

He waved before walking out and I was ready to do the same so I packed up my bag, threw it over my shoulder and forced myself up.

The elevator door slid open and I listened before stepping out- nothing. Luca's apartment was actually quiet tonight. Finally. Shit... what if something had happened! I whipped my keys out, jamming them into the door, opening up to an empty apartment.

"Luca?" I hurried to his door, pushing it open. "Oh fuck..." I flashed my eyes to the wall, averting them from the giant pair of tits right in front of me.

Fucking Luca.

The chick stepped closer and I lowered my eyes just until they hit hers. "You're a little late..."

"Me?" I looked from her over to the closed bathroom door. "Who the fu..."

"But it's fine!" She started reaching for me. "You want to be front or back, want my mouth or my..."

"Luca!" I grabbed the door, slamming it shut and taking ten steps back, ten giant steps back. Jesus Christ.

Then the door swung back open with Luca stepping out, all smiles. He had to be fucking kidding me right now.

"Che cazzo! The Doctor said no sex for three weeks!"

He raised his hand, pushing his palm towards me. "Relax fratello, she did all the work." He continued over to the kitchen bar, fiddling with something before turning back around- joint in one hand, flicking the lighter with the other. Unbelievable.

"You're not supposed to be smoking either."

"Medicinal." He stepped over, pushing the bud to my hand. "You should probably take the first hit." He nodded back to his open door and the half naked chick getting dressed. Disgusting.

But I took it, taking a quick drag before pushing it back. "The doctor prescribed this?"

"Nah, weed is just medicinal."

"Jesus Christ Luca. No chicks, no smoking." How hard was that!

He took another puff, shrugging back at me. "A little poke and smoke never hurt anybody."

I was too tired, too mentally drained for this shit. "Fine. I'm out, poke and smoke away."

"I'm leaving too."