3

I caught a sliver of my reflection in the rearview mirror ahead. Hair looked good, slicked back, collar was proper, stubble shaved just so. Mints... fuck, I forgot the mints. Dammit. It was fine. I sat back, well sideways, my big ass body barely fitting in the back seat of this car. And my feet were tapping again, knees rattling. Chill. Just chill.

Jesus, it was hot, and this collar was too tight. What if he bailed? I hadn't talked to him since yesterday. What if... Sadie's face came into focus, twisted around the front passenger seat with that damn ear-to-ear smile, staring back at me like the fucking Grinch. Jesus, I swear. "Turn around!"

Her smile grew three sizes as she teased, "Excited?"

She couldn't be fucking serious right now. "Should you be going to a bar tonight, Patatina? Especially without your wide-load warning sign?"

Her jaw fell, snooty smile disappeared. "Can't wait for midnight!" she shot back. "I'll be kissing Gavin." She lifted her hand to his hair. "I wonder who you'll be kis-"

"We're here!" Gav announced, slamming on the brakes, sending all of us jerking forward, then piling out.

"Wide-load!" Sadie grumbled, attempting to give me her nastiest look, which just made me want to laugh.

I took a step back, palms up for her to pass me. "Thanks for the warning."

Those brows pinched, her nose scrunched, huffing at me, "Very funny."

She stomped to Gav's side, the two of them taking the lead in, but not for long because the place was packed, wall to wall people, a massive herd making their way to the elevators.

Gav's face found mine, but I didn't need instruction. I was already moving forward, meeting him to create a barrier around Sadie, buffering that belly as we made our way into the elevator and up to the top deck, stepping out onto an expansive, and crowded as fuck bar.

There were a thousand fucking people here, but I heard him. My ears were trained, singling out his laugh, leading me to him, guiding Gav and Sadie over.

He was with their friend, laughing, standing there in a tight grey shirt, his black slacks even tighter. They noticed us as we crept closer, and he was instantly checking me out, eyes roaming my suit before drifting towards the floor, hiding his smile. You look good, too.

"Stefano!" Gav shouted with a smack to my chest. "This is May, and Mark. They were at the wedding."

No shit, Fratellino. I gave her a nod. He, however, was still smiling at the ground, face slowly rising, flicking his eyes to Sadie, who walked over, squeezing between him and her girl.

"Let's hit the bar!" Sadie chirped, leading them away, stealing Mark from me. Actually, this view wasn't bad. They were tight pants.

"Sorry about this shit, Stefano!" Gav griped, holding me back while they took off ahead. "I couldn't say no to her."

For once, I'm glad you're pussy whipped. "It is what it is. I'll make do."

"Romano!" some guy shouted ahead, bringing Gav's feet to a standstill while he searched the cluster fuck in front of us. Not that we could miss the guy waving his fucking hand like a clown as he pushed his way to us.

Gav groaned, "This fucker's annoying. Let me just say what's up and make him disappear."

Only the guy stopped moving, zeroing in on something else. "Fuck, Romano, you're still banging the MILF!"

Gav went rigid, charging away to get to Sadie.

"Holy shit!" that guy kept yelling. "You knocked her up!"