26

I stepped out of the cab, looking up at our building and the Romano Investing sign affixed to it. I'd tried clearing my head all morning, putting my focus on today's meetings but all I could think about was him.

I continued into the building, pushing my badge to the scanner, following the line of suits into the elevator.

Then the door closed, just as it had in Vegas, only then it was just him and I, his body pinned under mine against the back wall, those eyes watching me- waiting.

"Romano, you getting off?"

I flashed my eyes up towards the voice then immediately down to my pants.

"This your floor?"

"Huh..." I looked up, seeing Kline holding the elevator door. "Shit, yeah, thanks."

I hurried off, stopping in the middle of the floor, shaking Mark out of my head before heading down the hall.

"Good morning Anne." I walked right past her desk, seeing Luca through the glass behind her, shooting crumbled up paper into his trash bin.

"Hold on!" She started scrambling to get to her phone. "Let me see if Mr. Romano is available."

"He is." I swung his office door right open before knocking it shut behind me. "Anne realizes we're partners here right? That you're not my boss!"

"Tit for tat." He tossed his last paper ball into the trash before smacking his laptop screen down.

"How was the game? Sorry I missed it."

"Yankees won," he shrugged proudly. "You should have been there." He looked pissed, and I didn't blake him.

"Let's hit up tomorrow's game."

He nodded yes. "So how was the trip? Worth it?"

"Yes." Fuck yes. I walked over to the couch, falling onto it as he pushed out of his chair, rounding to the front of his desk, perching on the edge.

"And..." He threw his hands up.

"And what?"

"And what?" He laughed, that hand still up. "You seal the deal?"

Seal, the, deal... It was a flash of heat, flames flickering right under my skin. "Huh..."

"Come on, don't hold out on me! You bang it out?"

Holy fuck... I was on fire, my skin burning, my throat tight, only growing tighter. "Wha... bang..."

"The trip," he huffed, rolling his head back. "You nail it?"

Nail it... I loosened my tie, scratching at my neck, trying to force a breath. "Uhh... um... yeah..."

"Jesus Christ!" He roared, whipping his head towards his office door. "Anne! Get Stefano an espresso to wake his ass up!"

"No, no I'm fine." I cleared my throat, straightening up, brushing my palms over my thighs.

"Well did you get the contract or not."