chapter one.

"The hourly wage was good there."

Langa stepped out from inside with disappointment. As he stood outside he felt a breeze go past him and a glimpse of raven hair. The figure walked behind him and out of curiosity he was about to look until he heard the sound of something coming his direction

"Excuse me, I'm here for the job." They stood patiently at the entrance as they scanned the room with their eyes. After a minute, someone came gracefully down the stairs with blossom pink hair that cascaded behind them. 

"Sorry for keeping you waiting. Please come in."

*

The interview was nearly over until Kaoru remembered his minor mistake from the last interview. 

"Are you a minor?"

"No, I am 19."

"Carla, can you confirm?" A small hologram appeared from the table, showing the person's information. 

"Name: Kaia Yang

Age: 19

Nationality: Chinese," 

the woman's voice repeated the information aloud and Kaoru swooned in joy of her intelligence. 

"Wonderful, you can start as soon as tomorrow. Any questions?"

"Does this job offer a place to live as well?"

His eyes widened a bit at Kaia's odd question. His face soon twisted into that of concern for the young male. Though the raven-haired male was distracted by the hologram that came out from the table as he tapped at the spot it came from. Kaoru wasn't sure what exactly lead him to consider letting Kaia stay with him but he at least wanted to understand his situation. 

"Do you not have any relatives in Japan since I noticed your nationality is Chinese." Kaia glanced up at him with a sorrowful expression but quickly disguised it with his usual stoic one. 

"You are correct. My family resides in my home country so I'm afraid I don't have any biological ties to Japan."

"Though you seem to be fluent in Japanese."

"My brother taught me the language at a young age. He was a constant traveler."

"Well, I do not wish to pry on your personal matters any further. I simply wished to know the person I was allowing to stay in my home," Kaoru crossed his arms and opened the small fan in front of his face. 

Kaia immediately stood up and bowed to him in gratitude for accepting his request. "Thank you very much for your kindness." 

He was startled at first by the sudden gesture but hid a smile behind the fan. Kaoru went to head upstairs and gestured for Kaia to follow behind him. When upstairs he went to peer outside the window at the young male's below. 

"I'm afraid I won't be around to welcome you tonight. I have a previous engagement." Kaia followed his gaze below the window and the boy from before caught his eye. A redhead had joined him and was skating around him. 

"Skateboarding. Like surfing on land," he mumbled to himself and Kaoru eyed him curiously. The foreigner didn't hold the appearance of someone interested in surfing. His hair was tied back in a low bun and he wore a long sleeved turtleneck  with dress pants. He hadn't noticed before but Kaia also wore gloves over his hands. You definitely wouldn't think he was a struggling young boy looking for a job. Though if he judged him by his appearance that would be like the pot calling the kettle black.

"Do you surf?" He decided to ask while keeping his eyes on the blue haired male below.

"No. I don't, sir," Kaia looked longingly through the glass. 

"Not at all."