chapter two.

Kaoru had left for his meeting a few hours ago. I was curious about where he went since the outfit he left in was rather extravagant. 

He'd briefly shown me the necessities around the house such as the towels and spare change of clothes. I glanced over to the clock and sighed to myself. 

"I should prepare a meal since it seems he'll be back late."

I rolled up sleeves and removed my gloves. He had enough food to prepare a decent meal but was rather scarce otherwise. I decided that he probably ate out often since he didn't store much food. From what he had I decided to make curry rice. It was rather simple since it was an easy dish considering he had some premade curry packets. I placed the rice in the cooker while I put together the ingredients and added them with the artificial curry. The whole process took at least thirty minutes when I was finished and sat at the table.

I finished my portion and left Kaoru's portion sitting on the counter with a covering. I admired the traditional style of his home as I headed upstairs to take a shower. 

The bathroom filled with steam as I finally stripped myself of my various layers of clothing. My tattoos were revealed to me in the mirror as I ran my hands over my detailed sleeves. I pulled the hair tie from my hair causing it to fall down my back freely. When I stepped in the shower I stood calmly as the water warmed my back and my muscles relaxed. 

"I'm sure Sakurayashiki wouldn't mind the tattoos," I said to myself. The yin yang symbol on my hand caught my eye and I traced over the ink.

"Balance is everything," The familiar voice repeated from my memories. 

I snapped my head around, startled. I covered the symbol and gripped it tightly with my other hand. I leaned onto the wall of the shower to collect my thoughts and hurried out. I wrapped the towel around my waist and used a smaller one to dry my hair. Then I walked out the bathroom in search of the closet of spare clothing.

General POV

Kaoru pulled up to the side of his house with adrenaline rushing through his veins. The performance that the rookie gave far surpassed his expectations. The young male was a snowboarder turned skater who had brought his winter to Okinawa. He pulled the mask down from his face once he entered the house and pulled down his ponytail. His stomach gave a grumble as he walked into the kitchen with the faint smell of something in the air. A small bowl with a covering caught his eye. 

"He saved me some food?" Kaoru muttered before he tasted some of the curry. "And it's pretty good too." 

The faint sound of doors opening and closing came from upstairs. Followed by footsteps coming down the stairs. Kaia hadn't heard Kaoru arrive back while he searched for the closet. He'd forgotten where he had shown him the closet during the brief tour. Kaia pushed his hair out of his face in frustration as he came down the stairs and headed towards the kitchen. 

"I should place the curry in a better place for when he comes back," he mumbled until he walked in and was met with him already eating the meal he prepared. "Mr. Sakurayashiki, welcome back."

The pink haired male looked up from his meal to greet him but suddenly choked on rice. Kaia's appearance startled him from his various tattoos to his rather exposed body. Kaia came over to him and reached out his hand in concern. 

"Are you alright?"

He let out a small cough and waved him off, "Just fine." Kaia brought over some water and placed it near him. Kaoru blocked his view of Kaia with his hand as he turned away and reached for the water. "So, you have tattoos?" He said curiously while still not looking over at him.

"Oh, yes. Do they make you uncomfortable, sir?" Kaia asked with a small smile but tightened his fist around the small towel in his hand. Kaoru gradually turned towards him and moved his fan over his face. He noticed Kaia's insecurity and met his eyes. 

"No. I just hadn't expected you to have tattoos like," he admitted and paused when a certain green haired brute came to mind. He clicked his teeth in annoyance before catching a glimpse of Kaia once again. His face flushed as he forced his eyes not to wander and hastily hid behind his fan. 

"Besides, that is clearly not the issue here!"