chapter eleven.

A/n: if any of you are surfers i always welcome you to comment or message me tips about it for writing surf scenes. also should i crush shadow's dreams by having him be beaten or find another way for the next chapter?

"Take me to practice at S again today." Kaia jumped in front of Kaoru, barely able to contain his excitement. Kaoru furrowed his brows since this had been at least the tenth time he's wanted to go out and skate. 

"I was going to head over anyways."

When they both got dressed he'd noticed that Kaia had started wearing far more clothing than usual. Where his chest and tattoos were usually exposed he now wore a sweater. He even started wearing gloves just like the day he'd first arrived. Kaoru stared shamelessly at him with his lips slightly turned downwards. 

Kaia noticed and tried to figure out where he was looking. "Is something on me?"

"Unfortunately," Kaoru muttered but the moment he said it his face turned a bright red of embarrassment from his own thoughts.

"I can't hear you," Kaia went closer to hear what he said but the older male had already rushed out the door. 

**

"Mister Cherry! You're marvelous as always today!"

"Joe! You're the best!"

The crowd showered them with compliments as they entered. The two bumped into one another on the way in, which surely wasn't an accident.

"Outta the way, scrawny boy." Joe nudged him out of his way.

"Humans come first, you ape!" Kaoru went to kick his foot under him but Joe avoided it with a smug smile on his face. 

"A leg sweep is so half-assed, robot maniac."

"Carla." The board skated directly into the side of Joe's leg which caused him to fall in agony.

"Ouch!"

"Simpleton." Joe then grabbed his ankle and pulled him down with him. Kaoru then fell face first to the ground without warning. 

"Don't rely on machines so much weak-ass four eyes."

They both jumped up from the floor and started to bicker endlessly with one another. That was before someone stepped in between and separated them. Kaia huffed in annoyance from intervening their constant fights with each other. 

"Those two are at it as always." Reki said as he sweatdropped.

"And he's there to stop them as always." Miya continued.

"Moronic four-eyes!" Joe went to reach past Kaia's arm to point at Kaoru and he winced from the pressure against his arm. He pulled his arm back for a moment but placed it back in hopes neither of them noticed. Joe glanced down at him and immediately paused his bickering. "Are you-"

"It's fine. Just a bit sensitive," Kaia hastily explained and waved him off.

The crowd noticed Kaia and began whispering about his presence at S.

"Isn't that the rookie that went against Adam?"

"He's so pretty!"

Before Kaoru could even begin to ask him any questions Kaia had skated off to the ramp. He used the crowd to keep some distance for the time being.

**

Kaia skated on the ramps and was completely concentrated on what he was doing. He went down in the ramp and prepared for when he was propelled upwards for his jump.