chapter twenty-four.

SLIGHT SEXUAL CONTENT AHEAD

a/n: if washing machine heart was chapter.

~

Kaoru's Pov

It had been two weeks, five hours, and twenty seconds.

Twenty-one seconds.

"But who was counting?"

"Master, would you like me to update you again?"

"No thank you, Carla."

I wanted to see him. I want to see Kaia and let him explain what had happened that night. Though, I couldn't bring myself to do it because each time I'd back out at the last minute and just leave the house.

I ordered Carla to notify me when Kaia had returned or left the house so I could accurately avoid him. But, he was the only issue I found myself trying to deal with.

There was something new invading my mind, a virus, an ugly muscle brained brute that just would not get out of my head regardless of how I tried to distract myself. It was getting to the point where I thought I was losing my mind.

"Are you alright, Mr. Sakurayashiki?" My client asked as I held my temple and paused my calligraphy. His concern was clear as he glanced up from his documents.

"Yes, sir. Just a slight headache is all."

"Maybe you should take a break. You've been working non-stop here for the past couple weeks," he insisted and carefully took the brush from my hand.

"I'm fine, really. I just have many thoughts occupying my mind right now. Trust me, I need this work to keep my mind off things," I challenged and took the brush back into my hand.

"Let me know when I overstep my boundaries. But, I believe I recognize this stress fairly well." He said and tapped his temple with his finger. "It's wife issues, right?"

"Well, not entirely..."

"Oh, well in your case it would be problems with your significant other," he clarified hastily.

Kaoru continued to work on his calligraphy as he sighed heavily in agreement to his guess. The man nodded his head in understanding and placed a hand on his chin in thought.

"Whenever my wife and I are at odds, a romantic night off from the stress of everything usual helps us. We both agree to put aside anything we'd previously disagreed over and simply enjoy each other's company. That way we can rekindle that spark in our relationship."

Kaoru smiled in disbelief before scoffing to himself quietly. "All due respect, sir. I'm not quite sure that'll do us any good."

"Trust me on this. One night, forget everything and just be with each other in the moment. The next morning, they may even forget why they were cross with you in the first place," he said before he winked in reassurance.

"And if the night goes really well, maybe you can rekindle your intimacy as well," he said suggestively before heading back to his office.

I almost smeared my ink on my page in surprise and held the small jar down with my hand to stable it in place. I became flustered even considering the idea of doing such things with Kaia. Although, it wasn't as if I hadn't seen his body before and it definitely was not the fact that I didn't like what I'd seen.

He was young and he'd just turn twenty so there wasn't anything preventing it per say. It was just that I hadn't done anything intimate since...

Kojiro.