chapter ten.

The ocean. He missed it more than anything. 

He was mesmerized by the crystalized water as he watched it from the boat. How long had it been since he'd been this close with ocean? Longer than he should. 

Kaoru had constantly been asking how Kaia's felt most of the trip here. When he'd told him he was headed to Miyakojima the last thing he expected was Kaia offering to join. Kaoru would never admit it but he was worried how Kaia would do on this trip. 

"He finally fell asleep," Kaia muttered to himself. 

"Kaia?" He turned to see a familiar green-haired brute with two women attached to his arms. 

"Kojiro, you're on business too?"

"Nah, vacation actually," his eyes suddenly shot open in realization. "Wait what do you mean too?" He questioned hastily. 

"Well, Kaoru is also--" before Kaia could even finish Joe had swiftly threw him over his shoulder before storming over to the front deck. Another group of familiar faces instantly recognised the pair. 

"Oh! What a coincidence to see you here!"

"Joe!"

"You even have your teacher as you chaperone," Joe pointed out. 

"i think I've seen him before," Kaia turned around on his shoulder. 

"Who you callin' 'teacher'? There's nothin I could do about it," Shadow turned his eyes to the side in regret. Joe chuckled slightly making Kaia look down at him. 

"Time to wake up. Ten minutes till arrival." The robotic voice announced aloud which made all our heads turn to the side. Joe rushed over to Kaoru who was sleeping peacefully. 

"Thank you, Carla."

"What the hell are you doing here!" Joe yelled out and Kaia covered his face from all the unwanted attention from around the deck. Kaoru glanced over to see him. 

"That's my line you gigolo gorilla! I'm here on business and what are you all doing?"

"Vacation." Joe answered

"Hot spring healing." Langa answered.

"Tagging along." Miya answered.

"Babysitting." Shadow answered. 

"Can you put me down!" Kaia smacked the back of Joe's head and he finally put him down.

"So we're all here," Kaoru stated. 

**

"Beach..." Langa looked in awe of the sea.

"Is that uncommon?" Joe asked as he followed his eyes to the water.

"Not at all. He lived up in the mountains till recently," Reki explained. 

Kaia skated up next to Langa and gave him an excited smile. "Beach."

Langa gave a knowing look, "Beach!"

They both raced forward towards the beach and leaped forward off their boards. When Langa reached the shore he crouched down and admired the water as it washed up. "So beautiful..."

Kaia ran into the water and fell back freely. "It always is."

Reki came behind and nudged him forward into the ocean. Everyone smiled wholeheartedly behind him. "You gotta dive in the ocean!"

Everyone was soon all over the beach and Kaia floated around in a tube. Miya came beside him and stared without a word. He glanced over and furrowed his brow in curiosity. He then laid back and closed his eyes. "Miya, right?"