chapter twenty-seven.

"Are you going out to the beach again, today?" Kaoru asked an oblivious Kaia who laid out on the floor exhausted from everything he'd been doing in the past week. From continuing to work for Kaoru and going out to surf at night. He even picked up a shift to cover for some of Joe's employees. 

"Nope," Kaia chirped nonchalantly. 

What he hadn't noticed is that each night this past week, Kaoru had been asking Kaia the same question and this was the first time he was free. Kaoru and Joe had been planning to spend some time together with Kaia since their relationship had been going so well recently. 

Kaoru paused any calligraphy he'd been doing as he lifted the brush off the paper after he realized Kaia was finally free. His whole body perked up in excitement though he tried to contain himself when he turned to face Kaia. "I was planning on inviting Joe over tonight. We could have a little date," he tried to suggest subtlety as if he'd just come up with the plan on a whim. 

Kaia's eyes were a bit heavy and occasionally fluttered closed while he laid there. He chuckled a bit out of amusement but, when he peeked his eyes over to glance at Kaoru, he noticed that there wasn't a hint of humor on his features. "You were serious?" Kaia asked innocently and almost star struck. 

"If you don't want to--"

"No, no! It's just that I'd never think you'd actually invite Joe over yourself. You're usually so stubborn about making plans with him."

Kaoru scratched his cheek before turning his flustered face to the side. "I'm trying to change that. I want everything to go as smooth as possible between the three of us."

"It's okay, you can admit that you love Joe just as much as you do me," Kaia teased a bit. 

"I've never said any such thing about that gorilla brained brute!" 

Kaia smiled warmly at his reaction and sat up from the floor. He rested himself on his hands behind him and then moved his head to face Kaoru. His raven hair fell down his shoulders and a few strands brushed past his cheek when turning his head. It made every movement he made that much more elegant and graceful which only added to his appeal. Kaoru hadn't even realized how mesmerized he was until Kaia moved significantly closer to get his attention. 

Kaoru's mouth went dry for words as his lips parted and closed again. One of Kaia's hands rested on Kaoru's knee while the other was reaching to gently cup his cheek. Kaia's body was placed between his legs to get himself closer to Kaoru. 

"Hey," Kaia whispered in a soft voice. 

"Yeah," Kaoru's voice trailed off as his eyes drifted onto Kaia's muscular build that was decorated with detailed ink across his skin that always drew him in. It was a perfect contrast to his feminine features. 

"Are you listening?" Kaia questioned with a curious brow raised. Kaoru only nodded in response and Kaia pulled back with a sigh before resting both his hands on Kaoru's knees. "Well I wanted to ask you both about something weighing on my mind recently. So, this date is perfectly planned."

"What is it?" Kaoru asked a bit urgently out of concern. 

"Nothing bad," Kaia waved his hands in dismissal. "Just an embarrassing curiosity."

"Now I'm a bit curious as to what it might be," Kaoru said. "You should ask me now so I can have an answer by the time Joe comes."

"Maybe we should wait."

"Come on, Kaia."

"Well," he hesitated. "In relationships, you know at some point we have to...have sex. I just wondered how we'd do it." Kaoru's mouth dropped a bit as he sat there speechless. "And I figured you were both experienced and I wanted to be prepared so I did some research. So, really what I'm trying to ask is if two of us are on top or?"

"I hadn't even thought about it..." Kaoru finally said which made Kaia extremely embarrassed and flustered. 

"Was I being too ambitious? I shouldn't have assumed you were even interested," Kaia started to say to himself more than actually referring to Kaoru. 

"No, no! You were in the right to be prepared," Kaoru began. 

A knock was heard on the door frame and Joe leaned on it with his arm. "What are you two rambling about?"

"Sex," Kaia said simply.

"Without me?" Joe answered with genuine disappointment. He playfully strolled over swung his arm around Kaia and sat beside him. "Four-eyes here couldn't give you any two cents about that. Better yet, I'll give you a hands on example~"

"I didn't invite you over," Kaoru spat at Joe and gave him a glare. 

"You were going to, though and you were so excited about it too," Kaia pointed out and Kaoru only rolled his eyes before beginning to put his calligraphy away. Joe pointed and chuckled a bit. However, he too would be exposed. "You also called me yesterday and desperately persuaded me not to plan anything today since Kaoru had been down that we couldn't all spend time together."

It was Kaoru's turn to point and chuckle at Joe which led to the start of their bickering. Kaia listened a bit for the new insults they could come up with for one another until he found it necessary to intervene between the two. 

And he was happy.

They were all happy.

**

"When I volunteered to cook for our date, I did not think the kitchen would be this crowded.." Kaia mumbled before letting out a sigh and continuing to cook with Kaoru's hands latched around his waist. Kaia almost felt self conscious as if Kaoru was analyzing his every move, which he actually was. He would try to discreetly admire Kaia's muscles each time they flexed when he moved his arms to reach for ingredients or mixed something in the pan. 

Joe, on the other hand, was nibbling at bits of the pasta Kaia was trying to make and justified each bite as "taste testing" the food. It started off harmless with small bites but, as time went on the amount he ate started show when the noodles left starting getting scarce. 

"Is the pasta good?" Kaia questioned awkwardly after Joe reached for another piece. 

"It needs a bit of something. I just can't put my finger on it.." Joe went into deep thought. "Let me taste it again--"

His fork was stopped by the spoon of Kaoru who defended the pan. "If you 'taste' anymore, there won't be any dinner left to make. How do you get anything done in that restaurant of yours when you eat everything."

"The art of culinary is something you simple minded people of logic can't quite understand." Joe poked at Kaoru's head with his finger while a grin tugged at his lips. Kaoru went to slap his hand away but, Joe took the opportunity to pull Kaoru towards him and sling him over his shoulder. 

"Put me down you large gorilla!" Kaoru shouted and hit his hands on Joe's back. Though, he was ignored and Joe began spinning with him on his shoulder while Kaia tried to not to get in their way when cooking. "Stop spinning in here, it's dangerous!"

"Not until you admit that you really don't understand my genius," Joe said casually and continued to spin them around. 

"Be careful, you two. I'm trying to add the oil and it says too much could make the pan--" Joe spun a bit too fast and stumbled back, hitting Kaia, resulting in too much of the oil being poured onto the pan. A burst of fire flew up and filled the room with smoke. 

Kaia jumped back in surprise from the sudden flame and Joe quickly stopped spinning with Kaoru still on his shoulder. The fire alarm started to go off and Carla repeatedly warned about a potential fire in the house. They were quick to fan the smoke away from the alarm and once the obnoxious noise could be stopped, the three went to see if any of their food was salvageable. 

It wasn't.

"All my hard work.." Kaia groaned to himself. 

"Only one us got to taste it," Kaoru retorted. 

"I'll get us dinner, alright." Joe scratched his head and bit his lip to hide his humiliation of ruining their dinner.

a/n: i FINALLY updated! the official end <3 but i'm prob gonna write little specials if i have time cause school is boring.

🎉 You've finished reading Sk8 the Infinity: 𝐁𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐝𝐞 🎉