chapter sixteen

A/N: episode eleven is my comfort episode now. aHAhahAA the way he fell gives me serotonin. AND MY HEART RATE THIS EPISODE PLS-📈📉📈 i felt so proud that reki was so confident and happy ahh. 

SOMEONE BREAK IT TO ADAM THAT SWINGING A BOARD LIKE A BASEBALL BAT IS NOT A COOL TRICK.

"Is he an idiot?" Miya huffed as he played his video game with his back to the kitchen. "He knows too little about himself. He's sure to be injured badly!"

Joe was busy putting different spices into a new recipe he wanted to try. He sniffed the small portion he'd taken out and Kaia leaned on the table next to him waiting to try it. Joe held out some of it for him to eat and Kaia happily accepted.

"He really is an idiot," he said a happier tone than she should have. Miya glanced back curiously from his game.

"Why do you look so amused?" He asked with slight annoyance.

"Why?" Joe repeated to himself.

Kaia came behind Miya and placed a hand on his head. The young boy leaned his head back to see him with a close-eyed smile. "Because of the fact that Reki came back, of course," Kaia said.

His eyes went wide in realization and he turned back around to hide his hint of smile. Kaia sat beside him at the table and decided to poke fun at Miya.

"Aw, did you miss him?"

"No!"

"Are you sure?" He teased.

"Yes, I'm sure!"

"I'm not very convinced~"

"Shut it, you slime!"

Joe leaned on the bar through the window and raised a brow. He looked between the both of them and raised a finger to gesture towards them. "You two look almost like brothers."

Miya and Kaia glanced over at Joe, then one another. They noticed that they did have the same raven colored hair and green eyes.

"I look nothing like this slime," Miya insisted.

Kaia just stared and narrowed his eyes at the boy to study his features while comparing them to his own. He then reached out his hand in front of his face without a word.

"What are you--" Miya began before Kaia flicked his forehead playfully. "Hey!" he shouted while holding his head.

"If I had a younger brother, I'd imagine him being *emi o ka hakahaka."

hawaiian translation:

*less of a brat 

"That wasn't even close to japanese! What does that mean!"

Kaia had an amused smile on his face and said the phrase happily as if were a compliment to tease him. Joe stifled a laugh and went back to tending to his new recipe cooking in the kitchen.

"Something tells me it was an insult," Joe said playfully.

"What does it mean!" Miya asked eagerly.

"If you were my younger brother you'd would understand~"

"Whatever," Miya muttered.

**

Everyone surrounded Reki while hounding him with warnings and voicing their worries. Joe and Miya insisted he drop out. While Langa and Kaoru were clearly concerned but decided not to speak against Reki's wish to race.

"It's not guaranteed that I'm gonna lose. Well, it's not guaranteed that I'm gonna win, either." Reki said while studying the back of his board. "But this time, I'm definitely not gonna back down. I don't wanna be disappointed in myself anymore."