chapter nine.

Kaia laid completely spread out in his bed and snored slightly as he slept. Kaoru walked into the room and stood beside his bed. "Wake up. I have a performance to attend this morning." 

He grumbled in return before turning to the side to avoid Kaoru. "Kaia, you need to get up already." Kaia decided to fold the pillow over his head to block out his voice. Kaoru crossed his arms and stared daggers into his back. He then walked out the room and Kaia let out a sigh of relief until he heard the sound of clipping from behind him.

He lazily turned over to see Kaoru hovering over his bed with scissors in his hand. "What are those for?" Kaia asked with a tired voice. 

"I figured you could use a trim," Kaoru's voice was calm and he wore a smile. His glasses reflected the light, making him appear like a movie villain. He then went to lift a large part of Kaia's hair.

His eyes went wide and he jumped up from his bed, "I'm awake! I'm awake!"

**

The crowd seemed starstruck as Kaoru moved the large brush along the calligraphy paper. He had dedicated his full attention to his work allowing him to perform gracefully before the audience. Once he finished the phrase he'd written appeared on the screen.

"That was an AI digital giant calligraphy session from Mr. Sakurayashiki!"

"The phrase I chose 'Repent and Make Efforts' means you repent for your past mistakes and want to recover. All humans make mistakes." Kaoru paused in thought while glancing to the ground. "However, they should be able to make up for them."

"That's beautiful Mr. Sakurayashiki! Did something specific inspire this piece?"

Kaia stared at him while he was being interviewed and Kaoru could see him from the corner of his eye. He glance over to him for a moment and then smiled to the interviewer. "Nothing in particular."

**

Joe took a spoonful of his cake and carefully tasted it. "Was this a bit too sweet?" 

He heard the door open and turned to see his enemy as well as friend enter. Kaia came into the kitchen and looked at the cake. "I don't think a cake can ever be too sweet."

Joe wore a grin, "Have you come for my skating expertise?"

"More or less." Kaia smiled back at him before heading back to front and Joe followed behind him. 

Kaoru brought out his board and Kaia was instructed to stand in front of him. "Starting now, we'll be recreating how the Love Hug works."

"Adam's uphill trick," Kaia said to himself. Though a shiver went down his spine when repeating his name as if he were a curse. 

"Start with maximum acceleration in the direction of travel and using a spin, do a 180 with minimal turning radius. The important part is what follows. Right after the 180, you forcefully bring down the nose you lifted up, and by doing so, you still have propulsion even going uphill." Kaoru was able to turn and slowly rolled towards Kaia. 

"And due to the sudden change in relative speed it looks like Adam approached him. Causing that kid to panic and fall." Kaoru continued to roll forward before stopping barely inches from Kaia. 

"So close."

Kaia turned his face away and his expression appeared annoyed. "I'm still mad about this morning," he muttered. "But, if that's the trick. How do I avoid it?"

Joe chuckled which made Kaia glance over to him. "Before you attempt that you going to need to learn the basics of skating. We're gonna have to give you a hardcore skate crash course."