chapter nineteen.

a/n: double update. double heartbreak~

This feeling. He never wanted it to end. 

What had actually been just a few seconds felt like months, years even. God, he loved it, loved him more than he wanted to. 

Kaoru's lips were soft and his face perfectly fit into his hand. Kaia wanted more of him but that feeling only proved his fears. He forced himself to break away from the kiss but he couldn't seem to pull his face away from him. 

Kaoru had long lost himself in the kiss and his eyes were still shut even after Kaia had taken his lips away. He didn't want the moment to end so soon but his eyes shot open when he felt something wet fall onto his cheek. He noticed that Kaia was crying, his expression was so monotone but the tears still fell so easily down his cheeks. 

"I'm sorry," he said almost lower than a whisper. "I'm so sorry," he repeated a bit louder as his voice broke. Kaia was shaking in fear almost paralysed from he had done. He hated who he was, he hated it more than anything and now he felt he had tainted one his closest friends with his sickness. "Don't you get it, now?" 

Kaoru reached up his hand and wiped his thumb under Kaia's eye. He smiled at him and held his face with his hands before pulling him down towards him again. They're lips crashed together once more and Kaoru kept Kaia as close as he could to him. He would have kissed him longer if he didn't need to gasp for air. 

Kaia couldn't look him in the eyes since a bright blush of embarrassment crept onto his face. He was burning up and Kaoru's touch alone sent sparks on his skin. 

"Do you get it?" Kaoru repeated to him quietly. 

"I can't. I just need to.." he started muttering to himself and got up from the bed. He hastily started to put on some clothes instead of staying in only a towel.

"Kaia, wait. Listen to me."

He just continued to put on his clothes but Kaoru snatched his shirt from off the bed and clutched it to his chest in attempt to force him to listen. 

"Give me the shirt, Kaoru."

"Why do you refuse to let this happen, Kaia. Why did you kiss me if you're just going to run away?"

"I can't do this right now. Just give me the shirt, please."

"When, Kaia? We can't stay in the same house and never speak!"

"Then I'll leave," he retorted bitterly and Kaoru was taken back for a moment. "Now you can't say I didn't tell you first." Kaia went over to him and took the shirt from his hands as he stared in shock of how Kaia was treating him. 

He grabbed his bag and hurried down the stairs where Kaoru followed behind. He stopped at the stop of the stairs and called to him from above. 

"What are you so afraid of?"

"This," he gestured between the two of them. "Me. Everything."

Kaia rushed to the door and reached for the handle. "Carla, lock the doors," Kaoru quickly commanded before he ran down the stairs. 

"Of  course, master."

"Carla, unlock the doors." Kaia just wanted to leave before he regretted it and he hated seeing Kaoru try so desperately to make him stay.

"Carla, lock them."

"Carla, unlock."

"Carla, lock."

"Unlock."

"Lock."

"Malfunction. System must reboot due to overload of commands," she voiced mechanically. In the end, the doors remained locked. 

"You're going to force me to stay here with you? I can't handle this right now."

"You can't tell me that after just kissing me? You want me to just forget?"

"It's not like that, Kaoru. This is what I didn't want."

"But Kaia I want this," he pleaded and held Kaia's face within his grasp. He stared directly into his eyes with an unwavering gaze. "I want you."

Kaia was silent because he didn't want to respond and if he did he didn't know what to say. His thoughts were interrupted when Kaoru tugged on his shirt to bring his head leveled to his own. "One last time. Kiss me one more time and if you really don't feel anything for me then I'll let you leave. I'll forget any of this even happened."

"Ok."

He planned to give him the lightest peck and pull away to prevent him from getting to deep into his feelings. He would repeat in his head that this was wrong, everything about this was wrong but it was so addicting. A quick peck turned to a simple kiss and a simple kiss went so much farther. Kaia ran his fingers through Kaoru's hair to keep it away from his face.  

His mind would pull itself away.

His body and heart intertwined themselves closer.

He commanded his body to release Kaoru.

His body disobeyed and continued to dominate him.

Kaoru placed his hands on his chest and pulled away with heavy breathes. 

"Kaia.."

They rested their foreheads against one another and Kaia kept his eyes glued anywhere but in front of him. "I didn't feel anything," he tried to protest but Kaoru stretched his cheeks and scoffed. 

"Don't even. I love you, but you're so stubborn."

"You what?" Kaia glanced down in awe of Kaoru who felt the weight of his words too late. He meant it of course but, he hadn't meant to be so forward especially if Kaia was unsure. 

"I like you."

"That's not what you said."

"Yes I did."

Kaia embraced Kaoru with a wide grin and replayed his words within his head. 

Love. Love. I-love-you.

"I'm glad. Either way you want me to stay~" he cooed happily. 

You want me because of who I am and that's a feeling I've missed for a long time.

a/n: i asked my friend if i should give happy closure or sad closure and she picked happy so here you go. consider the angst solved..for now:)

and yes their fight was inspired by frozen.